lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charger cable connection Q

Okay... question... I think I figured out one part of the electrical issue that is bothering me....

I have been stuck on why the heck the blue cable from the key switch goes to the stupid charger... and I just realized.. my "charger" is just the charger inlet... I have an external charger that plugs into it.

So, I found the red wire on that inlet... but..

Why in the world does the key switch plug into that at all? It does not make sense to me...

I get the green line goes to the pedal.. and if I understand correctly... from THAT connection, makes it's way to the controller.. but, why would the blue line go to the charging plug? Does it get it's negative connection via the charger's connection to the batteries?

R
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Charger cable connection Q

Sounds like your dealing with what is usually the charger interlock, in the earlier txt days, it had a magnetic switch. After 48v arrived, it became a computerized circuit to disable the cart when the charger is plugged in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger cable connection Q

Sorry, could not delete the thread. Figured it out. Thanks

R
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO