lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Is it worth selling the old parts?

Hello,

So...just ordered my AMD 7126. ScottyB was super nice and pointed out the wires I was confused with so the cart has the base wire harness done. Tomorrow, I will hook up the new lights, then use some smurf tube to clean it all up.

I plan to buy 8v batteries and a charger, just debating if I want to drive all the way to San Antonio to save 200 bucks heh:P

Then, only thing left will be new wheels and tires.

So, I have a 36v charger and maybe a part or two left that I do not need...is it even worth the time to list them on craigslist?

I usually give the stuff away to people that need and can use them (boat parts) to make new friends, but I honestly do not know anyone with a golf cart lol...

R
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 06:07 AM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: Is it worth selling the old parts?

When I did my upgrade to 48v I tried to sell the 36v charger that came with it and had no bites, I then tried to give it away if someone would pay shipping, still no interest. Of course about 6 months after I tossed it there were a couple of people who contacted me...
As far as other parts it depends on what those parts are, if they are stock wheels and tires your probably not going to get much interest on here but if you live near a golf course, there may be some interest.
One good thing about here and C/list is that it doesn't cost you anything to advertise, so no harm in trying to sell or give away.
Good luck
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:08 AM   #3
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, that is what I thought. Not interested in selling, just getting them to someone that can use them heh. I figure that I have the stock motor, charger, wheels, etc...and hoping someone would want them.

Will list for free locally and may make a new friend heh...or at least not have them pile up in my shop;)

Right now, the debate is buy some batteries local or drive an hour and a half in a week and get some US 8VGCHC XC2 batteries for like 155 each.

Part of me wants to find some 99 dollar batteries and call it done...but..another wants to spend the cash and get the high quality ones..:P

Anyway...will see.

I also still have my Polaris Ranger tires...no Polaris..lol...no lift so those would not work:p

Aaanyway, just ordered a motor...last thing is batteries and wheels
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

When I swapped to lithium I posted my FLA charger on this forum that someone could have it for shipping. I did have a taker. I'm sure the charger is still humming away today!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Flippers are always looking for good parts on CL or any one of the new offer-up sites. I was always able to get $100 for a good charger or good stock controller from somebody looking to fix a cart up. eBay brought $100 for working controls easy back a few years ago... no need to give it away if you cna convert the used parts into battery money or beverage $
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

BGW has a parts forum to buy and sell stuff to other forum members.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO