lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default 2013 Precedent How to Increase Speed

I bought a 2013 Precedent last November. Making all kinds of upgrades. Rear seat, All Sports long travel kit, upgrade rear springs, 23" tires, etc.

Going to be waiting until May for the All Sports kit to arrive.

I plan to upgrade the motor and controller to a Navitas system when I build a lithium pack to replace the FLA batteries but not there yet.

For right now, I want to run the FLA batteries and stock motor / controller setup.

I'm currently maxing out at 14 mph. Is there a simple way to increase speed? I keep reading about reprogramming the controller but not sure how or if it applies to my manufacturer's stock cart.

I know the 23" tires will give me an increase, but is there a programming code or other trick to get an extra two or three mph out of it?

Thanks,
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2021, 05:22 AM   #2
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina
Default Re: 2013 Precedent How to Increase Speed

goto a dealer for club car and have him put speed code 4 in. It will cost about a $100 but well worth it. with those 23"s it should take you to about 20-21MPH or more
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:37 AM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 Precedent How to Increase Speed

Thanks!
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car