lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #1
dantheman07
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 regen club not moving checked all so far

will a bad reverse selenoid on a regen club car cause the cart not to move at all ? have checked everything out so far and other than this and the controller not sure what else to do even took motor apart cleaned it up checked out ok fr switch is good fuses are good new batteries new key switch and still wont go but yet the other selenoid clicks when switching from f to r and also when moving gas pedal. gonna be a big paper weight lol need help.
dantheman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 regen club not moving checked all so far

Is this a stock regen 2 cart with no modifications? There are many things it could be but not the reverse solenoid alone.

I would start with battery pack and individual volt readings, to eliminate low voltage problems. It could be the V-glide, although you say the main solenoid clicks. But does it close electrically. A solenoid can click and but not make contact closure.

Basic troubleshooting is performed with a digital voltmeter. Look through the stickies for a lot of information. Post all you find and others will be along to help.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you're talking about the solenoid on the left side behind the drivers seat with the big coil on it, that is the dynamic braking solenoid. And the cart should still work even if that is bad. If that solenoid does not click, the coil inside has possibly failed, or the voltage supplied to the solenoids is too low. Both solenoids are powered by the same circuit which comes from the OBC on the cart.
If one solenoid clicks and the other does not you need to check for voltage at the small wires on both solenoids.
Rear wheels off the ground, with the cart On, in F or R, press the pedal and hold it down, and you should have at least 35v going to each solenoid. If it is less than that or if one solenoid does not have the same voltage the main wire harness has a welded junction that is common to corrode and cause low voltage problems, and it's likely the splice there needs to be repaired.

If voltage is the same at both then the motor and controller need to be checked.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:34 PM   #4
dantheman07
Not Yet Wild

i have done all the voltage checks and yes the selenoid
d behind driver is bad voltage at other is good voltage to motor is good the fuses are all good the rear and forward switch is good the potensiometer is good checked all the wires removed motor checked it cleaned it up all brushes are good new key switch installed and yet motor wont go it has to be the controller or the obc this is a original regen no mods what is missing we checked voltage everywhere traced all wires etc. thanks
Old 05-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #5
dantheman07
Not Yet Wild

also checked the v glide potensiometer however spelled lol has new batteries so not that either whats left ?????
Old 05-05-2021, 03:52 AM   #6
Rtoth
Not Yet Wild

Troubleshooting my cart with similar issues I came across this post and was able to determine my controller was bad. I have read that they are not serviceable/not repairable so I ripped it apart anyway and found a bad transistor inside, hoping to replace that and be good to go, I guess we will see on Friday when the replacement arrives.

*Edit*
Sorry, didn't realize it was testing with OBC bypassed so this may not work for you.

Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Looks like a lot of Regen2 issues going on...

With the OBC by-pass in place (OBC 6-pin connector Red/White jumped with the Blue wire).

Turn Tow/Run switch to Run.

Turn the Key switch ON

Put FNR on Forward.

Verify that You have:
+48v on Controller pin #1 Red wire.
+48v on Controller pin #2 Orange/White wire.
+48v on Controller pin #4 White wire.
When You press the Pedal:
+48v on Controller pin #3 Green/White wire
If You have all of the above, that satisfies all controller input requirements.

Place your meter positive probe on pack positive.

Place your meter negative probe on Controller pin #11 Blue/White wire.
When You press the Pedal You should get +48v
if not, the controller is bad.
Rtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #7
dantheman07
Not Yet Wild

i also believe i have the regen 1 series with the two selenoids i cant find any info on the controller the label on it is gone all i no is it is silver with a huge plug on the driver side of it does anyone no what type it is and have any specific diagrams for it i have looked with no luck also can you bypass the obc on this model as well to see if the cart will go then trying all options and need anyones help i read somewhere where you can jump with a paper clip but not sure if that works on this model or obc and not enough info on the type of controller i have both brand model or anything. hellllp a controller diagram would be helpful as well thank you in advance

Tags
bad reverse selenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car