lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #1
jwaldy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Jerking rear end

new to the page. i have a 97 club car ds. 2 days ago i was driving around the yard and noticed a funny smell thinking it was my neighbors burning trash as i neared my house i noticed it was coming from my buggy. as i got off to see what was going on under the seat i noticed the red blue and white wires going to my drive motor were hot to the touch along with a red wire that tied into the v-glide.

when i went to get back on the buggy all it did was start jerking really hard and not riding anymore. i towed it back into my shop and jacked up the rear end and noticed (whether in forward or reverse) the entire rear end along with the drive motor is jerking incredibly hard. im pretty mechanically inclined when it comes to vehicles but on a golf cart where everything is electric im lost. any help? could it be controller? that v-glide? drive motor? or possibly even gears in the rear end? not sure if it matters but about 5 mins before all this started i noticed the battery light would come on and go off in about 30 second intervals whether i was driving or just sitting.
jwaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2021, 12:45 PM   #2
jwaldy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Jerking rear end

forgot to mention, with the rear end jacked up, if i hold the gas pedal all the way down and hold it it eventually stops jerking however the wheels dont move and sounds like the drive motor is running wide open
Old 05-04-2021, 06:48 PM   #3
jwaldy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Don’t all jump at once lol anyone have any idea what’s going on for me? I’d like to get my farm buggy back working
Old 05-04-2021, 07:21 PM   #4
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Seems like the connection from the motor to the drive gears is the issue Given that the motor runs and the wheels are not moving it could be the connection is incomplete. There is the shaft from the gearbox that the motor rides on, perhaps the splines are shot. If not then perhaps something inside the differential. I suppose the best bet would be to remove the motor and check the splines and shaft first?
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:02 AM   #5
jwaldy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thats what im thinking as well thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car