lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2021, 08:29 PM   #1
Mattyj724
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Club Car 48V Regen II Controller Help!

I have replaced just about every electrical component on this Club car that I rescued from an auction.

I have been all over this forum and the search feature has helped me a lot. I have gotten everything working, except it wont MOVE.

With the tow stich to Run, Key on, I press the "gas" (GO pedal) and I hear the clicks of the solenoid, but no movement. Iv tested the motor with a 12v battery, and she moves fine. I am thinking my issue is with the Controller. I would like to test the output side of the controller, but it doesnt seem very intuitive. My B- and B+ read a few volt shy of pack voltage until I press the gas, and then it reads pack voltage (49.9). So the input seems fine. All batteries are brand new. Additionally the OBC is bypassed. I get reverse buzzer etc. I have also tested the FNR switch and it seems to be working normally. Literally every other thing is new on the car minus the motor and controller. Replaced every connecter with a new one.

If you need more information, please ask. I can also send some pictures if needed.
Mattyj724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
Mattyj724
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 Club Car 48V Regen II Controller Help!

Well i ordered a new controller from Revolution. I guess we will see.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the forum. It appears you already received a wealth of knowledge from this forum.

I'm sorry for the lack of response. Occasionally members who can assist with Club Cars are unavailable. What you'll find here though, are genuine people who really spend a lot of time trying to help. I couldn't have done it without them.

BTW, did you replace the solenoid? If not, I would get one of those also.

I believe you have been steered in the right direction by David Hick @ Revolution. Please continue this thread when you get the controller and have it running. We can all learn from your experiences. Good luck!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:32 AM   #4
Mattyj724
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Welcome to the forum. It appears you already received a wealth of knowledge from this forum.

I'm sorry for the lack of response. Occasionally members who can assist with Club Cars are unavailable. What you'll find here though, are genuine people who really spend a lot of time trying to help. I couldn't have done it without them.

BTW, did you replace the solenoid? If not, I would get one of those also.

I believe you have been steered in the right direction by David Hick @ Revolution. Please continue this thread when you get the controller and have it running. We can all learn from your experiences. Good luck!
I did receive the new Controller and she is finally running. But of course i have ran into other issues. It doesnt seem to be regen-ing correctly. Also now im getting the reverse buzzer while coasting when i let up all the way on the accelerator. However if i press just enough to click the microswitch, the controller regen fine. I am at a loss on that one, so i welcome all the help possible.

Also, i just realized today that i only have one diode across the large terminals, and not the suppression diode across the small ones. Could that be the cause?

When installing the Alltrax Controller, i was instructed to remove the "drivers Side' Solenoid and tape up the wires. Nothing worked until I connected the orange/white and brown wires that connected to the small post of that Solenoid. Anyone have experience with that? did i do that correctly?
Old 05-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyj724 View Post
I did receive the new Controller and she is finally running. But of course i have ran into other issues. It doesnt seem to be regen-ing correctly. Also now im getting the reverse buzzer while coasting when i let up all the way on the accelerator. However if i press just enough to click the microswitch, the controller regen fine. I am at a loss on that one, so i welcome all the help possible.

Also, i just realized today that i only have one diode across the large terminals, and not the suppression diode across the small ones. Could that be the cause?

When installing the Alltrax Controller, i was instructed to remove the "drivers Side' Solenoid and tape up the wires. Nothing worked until I connected the orange/white and brown wires that connected to the small post of that Solenoid. Anyone have experience with that? did i do that correctly?

I don't think the diode not being on the coil will cause the regen circuit to not work. When you redid everything on the cart, did you replace the wiring harness to convert to IQ? The new wiring harness would take care of the drivers side solenoid removal, and regen wiring.

David Hicks has the wiring harnesses for your cart. Do not buy them anywhere else. Non-OEM harnesses require a LOT of reworking to make them function correctly. And they cost over $240.00. The OEM is less than 1/2 that.

Ask me how I know this!
Old 05-16-2021, 04:09 PM   #6
Mattyj724
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I don't think the diode not being on the coil will cause the regen circuit to not work. When you redid everything on the cart, did you replace the wiring harness to convert to IQ? The new wiring harness would take care of the drivers side solenoid removal, and regen wiring.

David Hicks has the wiring harnesses for your cart. Do not buy them anywhere else. Non-OEM harnesses require a LOT of reworking to make them function correctly. And they cost over $240.00. The OEM is less than 1/2 that.

Ask me how I know this!
I was not aware that i needed a new wiring harness. I will look into that. Are there directions to modify the stock one?

Also where should i contact David Hicks at? It's this revolutionary carts where i got the alltrax controller?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyj724 View Post
I was not aware that i needed a new wiring harness. I will look into that. Are there directions to modify the stock one?

Also where should i contact David Hicks at? It's this revolutionary carts where i got the alltrax controller?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yes, David Hicks is the owner. I was assuming your cart is a regen 2 when I mentioned the wiring harness and since you have a run- tow switch. In this case, you should get the IQ harness.

Anyway, David will tell you what you need. Since he sold you the controller, he must know what you have.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #8
Mattyj724
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, David Hicks is the owner. I was assuming your cart is a regen 2 when I mentioned the wiring harness and since you have a run- tow switch. In this case, you should get the IQ harness.

Anyway, David will tell you what you need. Since he sold you the controller, he must know what you have.
Thanks for the response. Ill likely get the harness just to be sure.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car