lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 ezgo rxv fleet issues

Ok here goes. I’m a txt guy but helping a buddy fix his moms rxv. It’s a 2017 fleet model. When trying to go forward or reverse, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Can I troubleshoot it manually or do I have to have dang tool for it. It’s not upgraded and haven’t started troubleshooting it yet but gonna start with the basics. Not wanting to throw parts at it either since nobody else I know has an rxv, we all have txt’s. Any and all help is appreciated.
Luckyjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2021, 10:28 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 ezgo rxv fleet issues

Download the rxv curtis troubleshooting guide, it has lots of info & lots of tests you can do without the official diagnostic tool (although it does assume you have one). At the top of this page is a search button, it can lead you to the mentioned file.

Although to me it sounds like you have a problem with one of the pedals not fully returning to rest position, or a failing motor brake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I’ll get that n see what I can find out
Old 05-11-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just make sure not to touch the pedals till the rxv quits clicking when you turn it on. It does a power on self test every time it is turned on and if you hit a pedal too early, it will fail and you have to start over. ONly takes 3-4 seconds or so.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

Will do. Thanks again for the info. I’ll be doing the test as soon as I get back home
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO