lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #1
Paintdude96_2
Not Yet Wild

Default Club cart not charging

Hello I have a club cart that is not charging . I've trade a friend's charger and still nothing . I try to jump from the charger Receptacle and from the yellow fuse at the same time. And still nothing . I tried my charger on my friends cart and it works . My cart has an altrax DCX500 controller....... I've taken my charger from my 48v ezgo cart and the Charger Receptacle and hooked it up on the club cart and it chargers. It charges all the way up.
Well did not hook up the club cart Receptacle. The charger for my ezgo is a lester links series . Help please first time club cart owner. Think I'm going to stick to my ezgo
Paintdude96_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #2
Paintdude96_2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club cart not charging

Well I guess Noone can help me
Old 05-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

How about posting the year of your CC or even the serial number. Club car has had many different drive systems though the years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
Paintdude96_2
Not Yet Wild

Ok..........AQ0337-321402. And the Charger is a power drive 2 model 22110. Thanks
Old 05-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #5
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

look under the stickies for "charging system troubleshooting"
most of your charging questions have been answered many times
these answers have been condensed into 1 or 2 threads in the stickies
since your using a powerdrive II you still have the obc
this is by tahoedawg from that thread

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=122916

*********** 2. The next step is to check all wiring, Locate the charger receptacle of the vehicle.
On the back of the charger receptacle you will see three wires. Red is the positive. Black is the negative. Grey is the On-Board computer control wire.
Make sure that the red wire is in good shape and follow it all the way to the MAIN positive battery post. Make sure there is a good connection on the battery and ensure that the wire isn't corroded or broken.
If it is, clean it and re-attempt to charge the vehicle. The black wire is not at risk of corrosion because it is wired directly into the on-board computer.
As for the grey wire, give it a light pull outward and ensure that isn't broken inside the charger receptacle.
The grey wire will often break inside the receptacle and will easily pull out the back. If this happens, you must replace the receptacle.

*********** 3. If you have a Club Car DS or Carryall vehicle you will have two fuses to check near the charger receptacle.
One is an inline fuse located on the grey control wire mentioned in step two. It is located inside a yellow rubber fuse holder. Pull the fuse holder apart and check the fuse with your meter to ensure that there is continuity. If the fuse is bad, replace it with a 3/8 amp fuse. anything else will damage the charging system.
There is also a larger fuse bolted to the back of the charger receptacle. You'll see that there are two black wires bolted to the back of the receptacle. This is where you'll find the fuse.
On the opposite side you'll see a fuse element inside a plastic window. Check this fuse with a multimeter as well.
On the continuity setting, place each lead of your multimeter on each of the nuts where the black wires are bolted to the back of the receptacle. If you have continuity, the fuse is good. If you don't, replace the fuse.
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:36 PM   #6
Paintdude96_2
Not Yet Wild

Done all this other than the 6pin thing. Not sure .I was helping. Friends out but bout to tell him to come it .
Old 05-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #7
Paintdude96_2
Not Yet Wild

Do yall think I should attempt to do the 6pim bypass?
Old 05-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #8
anpgator
Getting Wild

what is your battery pack voltage in the cart that will not charge?
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:21 PM   #9
outbackrob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not sure of your battery/charger combo, but if my batteries are too low, the charger WILL NOT charge them. I had the same issue a few weeks ago and found that if I charge them two at a time (I'm 36V) then I get them charged up enough that the Cart Charger will work and charge them the rest of the way.
outbackrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car