lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #1
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Driver steering bellows replacement

Anyone know or have a video showing how to replace it without pilling front end of DS? Seems simple enough to replace, but not sure how to get to rear of bellows to undo/redo retaining clamp.

PS Called my local Club Car, not only did they say parts are no longer available from Club Car, but they refuse to put any part in that isn't OEM, so said good luck and come buy a newer model
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Driver steering bellows replacement

I got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is easy enough to change without pulling the nose off like they show in the video. You can pull the front tire off for a bit more accessibility. A dremel tool to cut the rear clamp is a big help, or carefully with a hacksaw.at a 45 degree angle to the clamp. It doesn't matter if you cut the rubber of the old bellows.

As reviews said, it is longer than the original but I have not had a problem with it.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:57 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Screwdriver and a hammer on the tabs that hold the clamp and it will probably fly right off. The outer end has a small snap ring that you can pry off with a small screwdriver or pick tool. I replace them both with zip ties.
Other than that it's straight forward. No need to remove anything major, I don't even remove the wheel to do those. Just put the front end up on jack stands and turn all the way left. You'll have to turn it back to the right at some point to get the inner end of the boot situated on the rack.

If there's any dirt or crud in there (there probably will be) wipe it off and clean away any old grease. Apply some fresh chassis grease to the rack before putting the new boot on.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #4
mtollin
Gone Wild

Thanks to both of you!
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car