lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #1
Lukedukem
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 resistor coil conversion 36v to 48v?

I've been doing some research and reading about the possibilities of converting 36v to 48v. My cart is a 1984 clubcar ds with resistor coils and 5 solenoids. What are some of my options? Where do I start? I like the idea of adding two extra batteries for a little bit longer ride time. It does have 23 inch tires and a 6 inch lift and struggles a bit with hills. Still pretty new to the golfcart life.
Lukedukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2021, 12:35 AM   #2
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1984 resistor coil conversion 36v to 48v?

44 volts max with what You have now, consider upgrading to 48 volt solinoids but 44 v max, the f n r switch is where the fire will start, don't ask me how I know, i can't remember how i know but don't ask Lol , v glide with resistors 46 v max 48 v controller cart 52 volts 5 8 v and one 12 v controller shuts down at 54.6 there is a few tricks to get speed out of the solinoid carts but it sounds like your a little too tall in the tire department, maybe move down to 21 inch rear tires to keep her in the rpm range she likes. laying the windshield back or getting rid of it will help speed, tire pressure is important, brakes not dragging and front end alignment, i run at 0 toe to 1/16 out, make sure there is oil in the rear grease in the front bearings. mine goes 28 on flat ground 44 volts 1973 caroche, 85 d/s 36 volt cart with v glide and 46 volts 33 mph flat ground windshield folded , there is other speed tricks but you will have to find them those are some basics and some goals to shoot for stick with 36 volt motors they like voltage= speed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2608.jpg (203.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2113.jpg (126.8 KB, 0 views)
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO