lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2021, 12:12 AM   #1
Rolltide72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Factory Converter and Accessory wiring

About to add some underglow lights and need some wiring guidance. 2019 freedom txt 72v.
I included some photos of what I’m working with. Factory converter says it’s rated for 13v 30amps output which would would be plenty. Light kit only draws 1 amp at 12v plus whatever factory lights draw, they are led so can’t be much either. Where should I pull power from and where should I tap into key switch? What is the sticker above the converter? I ordered a lighted contura V switch to match factory switches. Anyone have the wiring diagram for this thing?
Rolltide72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
RogerA
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Factory Converter and Accessory wiring

First of all let me state I am NOT an electrician or a golf cart technician. Proceed at YOUR OWN RISK! That said, since you have a 12v dc power plug in your dash plate, that SHOULD have been run directly from the power converter. The yellow lead should be12v + and the black lead should be 12v- . It should also turn off and on with the key switch. Check it with a meter or a test light first. If it checks out, I would wire the switch and lights from there? I’m new to this too. So I hope it works. Take care.
RogerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
Rolltide72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Factory Converter and Accessory wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
First of all let me state I am NOT an electrician or a golf cart technician. Proceed at YOUR OWN RISK! That said, since you have a 12v dc power plug in your dash plate, that SHOULD have been run directly from the power converter. The yellow lead should be12v + and the black lead should be 12v- . It should also turn off and on with the key switch. Check it with a meter or a test light first. If it checks out, I would wire the switch and lights from there? I’m new to this too. So I hope it works. Take care.
That was my though as well. I was going to check it with my MM but I was thinking it probably comes through the fuse block first and is probably a really low amp fuse. The light kit only draws one amp at 13V so not much draw there and it will probably work. Other thought was becasue its such a small draw come straight off one battery inline fuse to a relay, connect relay to switch and the 12v+ from the USB plug which is a keyed plug.
Rolltide72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO