lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #11
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV Motor and Brake Issue

I mis-spoke earlier. I said that cart had spider gears and looking deeper I believe it does indeed have a limited slip posi-trac rear. That puts a whole different light on what's going on in the videos and and may indeed point to worn stripped splines in the right rear hub. With posi-trac the rear wheels should turn in unison when sitting on jack. They aren't.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #12
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
An RXV has electric braking, and the motor "IS" the brakes.
So, if that is the case, does it mean that I have a bad motor since even the brakes does not work?
RXV Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #13
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXV Lover View Post
So, if that is the case, does it mean that I have a bad motor since even the brakes does not work?
I doubt a bad motor. Braking is applied to the motor by the controller, depending on the amount of braking applied, measured by the brake sensor in the floor. You really need someone with a handheld to look at logged errors. AFTER you take a look at that right rear and see what's going on there. In the video the motor appeared to be driving the wheels OK. Motor "seems" OK.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #14
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh, by the way. Your cart is a Curtis controller and not a Danaher. I saw that in the video. ( that's a good thing ) Danahers are ugly. Bad personality.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:50 PM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just logged on and got a PM from usgicollector. From looking at the second video, it appears the passenger side wheel is bent and/or the hub is spun and /or the bearing is bad. Don't drive the cart. If one of the rear wheels is free wheeling you will not have any brakes.
If you feel capable you could remove the passenger side wheel and see if the nut is loose. If so, tighten it good and recheck to see if the wheel free wheels like it did in the second video. Hopefully not.
In any case sounds like the bearings are gone. This needs to be analyzed by a pro to be sure and repaired. I didn't like the sounds when the wheels were spinning. I'm going to PM you about repair options.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #16
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Check the lug nuts on the passenger side. LOOKS like loose lug nuts. If not, then you have either a warped wheel or a bent axle. I think you'll probably find loose lug nuts , unless it's been slid sideways into a curb or some solid lick to a wheel. I'm betting on lug nuts. That's probably also your burrrr sound coming from the right rear.
I just checked and the lug nuts are good and not loose. When the wheels/tires are suspended, both the rear will wiggle though, but the passenger side wiggles more. So it seems to me that there is a breakage on whatever is holding the wheel (shaft I think is what it's called). Below is the link to the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zth-ARpMGXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsbHebSrPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37LkPq6LNOY
Old 06-03-2021, 03:00 PM   #17
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Just logged on and got a PM from usgicollector. From looking at the second video, it appears the passenger side wheel is bent and/or the hub is spun and /or the bearing is bad. Don't drive the cart. If one of the rear wheels is free wheeling you will not have any brakes.
If you feel capable you could remove the passenger side wheel and see if the nut is loose. If so, tighten it good and recheck to see if the wheel free wheels like it did in the second video. Hopefully not.
In any case sounds like the bearings are gone. This needs to be analyzed by a pro to be sure and repaired. I didn't like the sounds when the wheels were spinning. I'm going to PM you about repair options.
=========================================
Hello Kernal - Thank you very much. So yes, the passenger rear wheel is free wheeling which could be the reason why my son had the accident. I have the link of the videos to my response to SThreat. I scoped around and BigO's have 3-5 days turn around for the cart to be diagnosed while GCM can check it as early as Monday June 7th. Here are the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zth-ARpMGXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsbHebSrPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37LkPq6LNOY
Old 06-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #18
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Last three videos, that's an awful lot of sloppy loose ! Won't know how much damage until you get it off. Never saw it on an RXV but I have seen a TXT wear the splines completely out of a rear drum and do minimal damage to the axle splines. ( much harder steel ) Cross your fingers.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #19
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

PM sent.

Don't drive the cart
Old 06-03-2021, 03:30 PM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just watched the videos again. Don't park the cart on a hill. Chock the wheels even on the level (garage).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO