lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #11
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV motor brake-motor threads feel stripped

I have the answer now to my earlier question. When the 2 3/8 inch long M6 bolt ( original factory bolt ) is placed through the motor brake with a lock washer there is 1/2 inch threaded into the motor case. With the motor brake off the cart I threaded a new M6 bolt ( with a small O-ring placed on it as a marker of depth ) all the way into the hole on the motor case. It threaded in with ease a full 1 inch. If you can find an M6 bolt 2 5/8 inch long, ( add a lock washer ) there is still 1/2 inch of virgin threads down there to thread in to. Need to ( carefully ) run an M6 tap in there first to clean up any burred threads that might complicate the new bolt going in. Should tighten to recommended specs with no issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0003.JPG (333.4 KB, 0 views)
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
Skihard1234
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
I have the answer now to my earlier question. When the 2 3/8 inch long M6 bolt ( original factory bolt ) is placed through the motor brake with a lock washer there is 1/2 inch threaded into the motor case. With the motor brake off the cart I threaded a new M6 bolt ( with a small O-ring placed on it as a marker of depth ) all the way into the hole on the motor case. It threaded in with ease a full 1 inch. If you can find an M6 bolt 2 5/8 inch long, ( add a lock washer ) there is still 1/2 inch of virgin threads down there to thread in to. Need to ( carefully ) run an M6 tap in there first to clean up any burred threads that might complicate the new bolt going in. Should tighten to recommended specs with no issue.
I found a #9 6mm -1.00 tap and drill bit. 1.00mm thread pitch. Metric obviously. Will this do it?
Skihard1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #13
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skihard1234 View Post
I found a #9 6mm -1.00 tap and drill bit. 1.00mm thread pitch. Metric obviously. Will this do it?
Sounds like the right tap. Clean the threads up and the new longer bolt should thread in an inch. Actually, you could use a 2 3/4 inch bolt. Thats adding 1/2 inch to the factory bolt. I believe it'll tighten up. You may want to add a flat washer and a lock washer on each bolt and use the longer bolt on all three, if the other two are any problem. Be mindful of the recommended torque, and make sure they all tighten up. DON't DRILL ! Just run the tap in to clean existing threads.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO