lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
RedRaider23
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 EZGO RXV will not move after washing

Last weekend, I hosed the cart down, underneath the seat, carriage, etc. The cart stayed in the sun for a couple of hours without a seat to dry off. I pulled it into the garage with no issues. Plugged in the charger and charged it up. Showed full charge on Lester App. A week later, the cart will not move, Here's what happens:

1. Turn key to F.
2. I hear a click, a beep, low humming sound, and sound as if the brake is releasing.
3. I push the pedal, I hear a click. No Movement.
4. I release the pedal. I hear a click.
5. This happens in both forward and reverse.

What I have confirmed:

1. All connections are tight.
2. No fuse issues.
3. I believe the solenoid tested out correctly.
4. I have removed connections where I can and dried them with low setting on hair dryer.
5. I put the cart in tow mode, switched the cables 1/3 & 2/4. The cart remains locked and will not move.

I believe the issue is the motor brake, but have been second guessing myself as there was no warning of an issue and I hosed it down thinking I might have gotten something wet that caused the cart not to pass its checks.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!
RedRaider23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 EZGO RXV will not move after washing

Bad motor brake unless there is a break in the line somewhere. When you do the 1&3 plug your giving the brake full pack voltage so it should release. Check at the brake plug and see if your getting pack voltage.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 06:53 PM   #3
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

I have the same issue. Washed it last year and it happened took a few days then has worked fine. Washed it again today drove it a few miles and it locks up while driving and now won’t move. Something is getting wet and causing the solenoid to engage the motor brake. This has to be happening to more than just a couple of us. Both times the cart was fully washed.
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 06:55 PM   #4
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

I have not swapped mine to manually unlock. I got it to a parking spot by reverse. Not sure if it’s made to do reverse in this situation but it won’t go forward at all and sometime won’t do reverse but finally worked.
Old 07-04-2023, 08:04 PM   #5
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Check to see if the green led on the charge port is on. Every time I have seen this happen it was because the charger interlock connection got wet. The cart won't run with the green led on because it thinks the charger is connected. I'm not sure if it is the charge port or the blue wire connection that is the problem. Once it dries the cart will run.

If you have a piece of wire you can disconnect the blue wire from the charge port. Then run the jumper wire from the harness side of the connector to the main positive on the battery pack. That will let the cart run. Once it dries out reconnect the blue wire and everything should work normally.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 08:14 PM   #6
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

I will check, thank you.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:35 AM   #7
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Ok same thing this am. No light on charging port
Old 07-07-2023, 05:21 AM   #8
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pull the brake and take it apart. Look for corrosion, rust or anything that will bind it up.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 11:07 AM   #9
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
Pull the brake and take it apart. Look for corrosion, rust or anything that will bind it up.
It’s not a bind. It something telling the solenoid it doesn’t have 48 volts and clamping down. It might work for a minute fine the. Just apply full brake to a stop.
Old 07-07-2023, 02:10 PM   #10
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraham37128 View Post
It’s not a bind. It something telling the solenoid it doesn’t have 48 volts and clamping down. It might work for a minute fine the. Just apply full brake to a stop.
My reply was for the first post. I didn't realize the thread was 2 years old. For your issue, it's something in the 5 volt logic circuit. The solenoid has no control over the brake, the controller handles that. The solenoid has only one function, it powers the the AC drive portion of the controller.

Most likely causes for you would be the pedal position sensors. Switch to tow mode and disconnect the main pack negative. Pull the rubber mat and the pedal cover. Unplug the sensors and let it dry out for a couple days.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor brake, rxv, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO