lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2021, 10:14 PM   #1
DPForumDog
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Cart suddenly stopped and

I was driving our golf cart and stopped to look at my garden. All of a sudden I saw the garden sprinkler was about to shower me so I gunned the pedal. The golf cart jumped for a second and then stopped. I had to get the tractor to tow it to the barn.

The cart has 4 batteries. My husband checked the voltage and found that 3 of the batteries were fine with >12 volts each, but one battery only had 10.3 volts. So he temporarily swapped the bad battery and the golf cart now works. He also found the connection wasn't tight, so he figures that 4th battery wasn't charging.

BUT ??? I have to wonder what I did to cause this? Could gunning the accelerator pedal to hard cause this? I know the cart was working fine up to them moment I slammed on the "gas" pedal.

I do not know the model but the serial number is PQ0528-522714. I am sure someone can tell me the year and model from this #.

Thank you!

DPForumDog
Granny DP
DPForumDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2021, 02:55 AM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Cart suddenly stopped and

That is a Club Car Precedent IQ cart produced in the 28th week of 2005. Pretty good old cart as long as you don't pull a Mario Andretti and slam on the gas pedal. You broke the poor thing. Doesn't sound like you did it any serious damage though. It was just a weak point waiting to fail.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPForumDog View Post
.... My husband checked the voltage and found that 3 of the batteries were fine with >12 volts each, but one battery only had 10.3 volts. ....
How old are the batteries?
Did you end up replacing the 4th battery?
With the one battery reading 10.3v it probably is a short between 2 plates in the battery.
Happens to old batteries and could have been some buildup/debris in the battery that shifted when you gunned it.
Probably wasn't going to last much longer.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
DPForumDog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post
How old are the batteries?
Did you end up replacing the 4th battery?
With the one battery reading 10.3v it probably is a short between 2 plates in the battery.
Happens to old batteries and could have been some buildup/debris in the battery that shifted when you gunned it.
Probably wasn't going to last much longer.
I have no idea how old the batteries are as we bought the cart a few years ago, We have not replaced the 4th battery yet, but that is our plan.
SLIGC12VT is what we are replacing. Battery shopping is so confusing to me.
Can I get one at Walmart? Amazon? Batteries Plus?

The weird thing is our smart charger did not say bad battery?
Thanks

DPForumDog
Granny DP

Thanks to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
That is a Club Car Precedent IQ cart produced in the 28th week of 2005. Pretty good old cart as long as you don't pull a Mario Andretti and slam on the gas pedal. You broke the poor thing. Doesn't sound like you did it any serious damage though. It was just a weak point waiting to fail.
DPForumDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #5
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

With the batteries an unknown age and condition it would be best to replace them all. Putting a new battery in an old pack will quickly degrade the new battery to the level of the older batteries. If you want to just replace the one battery try to find a good used one from a golf cart dealer or someone who repairs carts.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car