lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Club car slow

I bought a 2010 club car that has been sitting for a year or so, got the batteries back up , the guy said he put new batteries in a couple years ago Trojans . It takes off like it has plenty of power, but drops off to a slow speed.
just wondering if a brake sensor, or throttle sensor? or?
tightline57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 Club car slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightline57 View Post
I bought a 2010 club car that has been sitting for a year or so, got the batteries back up , the guy said he put new batteries in a couple years ago Trojans . It takes off like it has plenty of power, but drops off to a slow speed.
Sounds characteristic of a bad speed sensor.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:31 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
We'll need some more information to help you. Put the Run/Tow in Tow position before working on the batteries.

1] age of batteries, there is a date code on the top of the battery post, a letter followed by a single digit #. Eg: C3 = March 2013

2] What do you mean by "got the batteries back up". Do you know the voltage of the pack? If they are fully charged, you should have almost 51 volts. Use a good digital voltmeter and check each battery individually, they can be left connected. Then check the total pack voltage. Do both of these tests at least an hour after completing the charge and removing the charger.

3] How is the electrolyte level in the batteries? The level should be 1/2" above the plates. Add distilled water if it is not.

4] Are all battery cables clean and tight?

As sthreatt said, you could have a speed sensor issue.

Report back with what you find.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:03 PM   #4
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

electrolyte level good first thing I checked when I got it, cables clean and tight, battery code C 8 . I will check voltage in morning the charger is on now. ( got the batteries back up ) what I meant was I disconnected all batteries and charged each one For about 20 min to get the volts back up enough to connect the 48 volt charger, each one had about 1.9 to 2.4 volts. thanks
Old 06-29-2021, 09:49 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
electrolyte level good first thing I checked when I got it, cables clean and tight, battery code C 8 . I will check voltage in morning the charger is on now. ( got the batteries back up ) what I meant was I disconnected all batteries and charged each one For about 20 min to get the volts back up enough to connect the 48 volt charger, each one had about 1.9 to 2.4 volts. thanks
They are March 2018 batteries so theoretically they would have service life left based on the date. However, since they were dead, they may be gone. What is the pack voltage after charging?

If the speed sensor got wet, it is most likely bad.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:47 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Batteries may be toast if they were that low.

Is it a 2010 precedent or DS? If it’s a DS check the pedal play in the floor. They wear out and cause similar issues. I used a piece of fuel line and a zip tie on mine, been good that way for a year now almost.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:13 AM   #7
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

Pedal play good, battery pack volts are 50.2 . I'll look at speed sensor this evening ,
It could have gotten wet, didn't think of that, thanks for all the great info, fast response ..
I'll let you know what i find.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:52 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Pedal play good, battery pack volts are 50.2 . I'll look at speed sensor this evening ,
It could have gotten wet, didn't think of that, thanks for all the great info, fast response ..
I'll let you know what i find.
Is it a precedent or DS?

50.2 is low, is that fully charged? What does the battery voltage do under load when you’re driving the cart?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:23 AM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://nebula.wsimg.com/f17d847390b...&alloworigin=1

This Carts Unlimited SOC chart will show how critical battery voltage readings to the second decimal point. 50.2 volts is around 85% and indicates bad batteries unless your charger is shutting off too soon.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:15 PM   #10
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

Cart is a precedent, battery volts this evening was 50.1 after charging last night. I'll do a load test this weekend on battery pack, and take a look at speed sensor. Thanks guys for all the great info,
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car