lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #11
Jimmer76
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car Precedent left charging in the rain - now won’t move

The motor cables were off but the resistor was still on. No voltage reducer that I can see.

Do you think it’s time to just buy a new controller and OBC and be done with it? I can see any wires being shorted or issues with a motor. Everything worked great prior to me foolishly leaving it connected to the charger in a rain storm (charger itself covered though)

I honestly don’t see any water traces anywhere. There may have been some on the base of the controller (corner nearest the seat) but when I opened up the controller no trace in there and no smell of anything burnt. I just find that part really odd.

If it was just an OBC holding the controller off then I may have messed up the controller too with my arcing event. And just may as well get both the upgraded controller and new OBC.
Jimmer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2021, 03:13 PM   #12
Jimmer76
Not Yet Wild

New Navitas controller. Tow/run switch had contacts welded closed from my mistake I assume..

All running fine now. Charger seems to be working fine too.

Cart back up and running..
Old 07-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #13
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you think that the storm really was the cause of this issue? I have worked at plants for the past 10years and literally every single cart(hundreds) are charged outside without a cover with most of the chargers just tossed in the "trunk" or under the seat and they never have issues like you explained. Not saying it didnt cause your issue, i would just make sure you find the real issue before messing up a new controller as well.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:58 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Lightning strike or a power surge can take out a controller easy, especially if it's plugged in and charging.
All of my carts get left out in the rain as well. These carts are relatively water resistant, but anything can happen.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:32 PM   #15
Jimmer76
Not Yet Wild

Honestly I am not 100% sure. I wouldn’t have thought it was the issue but the gfi on the receptacle tripped too. And I was told there was a lightning strike within a couple hundred feet. Prior to that it ran like a top and never showed any issues. But I don’t know. Hopefully that’s all it was though.

Tags
burning, controller, resistor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car