lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
f1rst_recon95
Not Yet Wild

Default Alumacar with AC Curtis controller 5271 throwing speed sensor faults

I am working with an Alumacar which is pretty much a Chinese Club Car. The cart is 48v with an Ac Curtis 5271 controller and an Excar AC motor. The Controller is flashing codes for speed sensor faults. I replaced the speed sensor within the motor with no change to how the cart runs... When I turn the key to ON, the solenoid engages and there is a buzzing sound coming from the controller. Giving the cart full throttle it moves at a snails pace for about 20 feet until the cart shuts itself down. The guage on the dash shows a code of TRAC 73, emailing the manufacturer didn't turn up anything new, TRAC 73 is just a fault code for the speed sensor...

Is there another speed sensor that I don't know about? Anybody ever work on an Alumacar that might be able to assist?

I'm pulling out my hair here...
f1rst_recon95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2023, 02:52 PM   #2
In4nI
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alumacar with AC Curtis controller 5271 throwing speed sensor faults

did you ever resolve this?
i have an Alumacar with Trac 73 error as well

Thank you
In4nI is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car