lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2021, 06:53 AM   #1
LowCountry89
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 2002 TXT Series Issue- Experts please read

Calling all experts. PLEASE READ.

Issue: 2002 Txt series cart. Works intermittently. Will run and die out of nowhere. Click and no go. Everything else works electronically.

Hardware:
-Dec 2020 Trojan Batteries all Test perfect.
-New FNR switch
-ITS tested fine
-Alltrax NPX (non programable)- 4 blink green and solid green all good there.
-Solenoid tests good…

I had it with a repair guy and was told it never acted up while he had it. All connections are tight. Has a new FNR switch and no hot cables. Will literally run 5 miles and just stop.. or spend the night in the garage and not want to move. So cold or hot it does not make a difference. When it happens, I tend to rock the FNR handle back and forth and attempt to move. It will come alive in one direction sometimes. One direction first and then work in both directions. Sometimes I shake the cart as it happens when in transport on the trailer as well. I know many will say tighten connections, but they are tight trust that. After miles of riding the motor is warn but not hot to the touch.

I already bypassed the reed switch. I just want this cart to run reliability until the batteries are depleted as designed. The last owner was so fed up with it he sold it to me for cheap after buying new batteries and a FNR switch.
I cant let my wife and family take it and be stranded. Any ideas? I have limited knowledge but am learning. Thank you in advance. Pics are of the actual cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (205.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart series.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart batts.jpg (215.8 KB, 0 views)
LowCountry89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2021, 07:03 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2002 TXT Series Issue- Experts please read

when it stops running try tapping on the motor end cap with a hammer and try it again directly afterwards...it may be your motor brushes are sticking due to carbon build-up...this is the case a lot more in lifted carts that carry weight often...something easy to try that's a dead givaway...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:09 AM   #3
LowCountry89
Not Yet Wild

I'll give that a try. Thank you.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
BlueChez1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did notice that the cable coming off of the lest negative terminal of your battery pack appears to be less of a gauge than the others? It might just be the picture? If it is smaller then you might want to check all the other cables not in the picture. Not saying that this is your problem but it would affect your performance (weakest link in the chain) and might cause some heat issues.
BlueChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:34 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

1. Get rid of the controller cover. The NPX is designed to have air circulating around it, so it may be going into thermal shutdown. (And under the cover, you cannot see the LED, so you can't see the blinked error code. 4 red flashes for overtemp)

2. More than one problem very likely since it also won't run from a cold start.

Get some clip leads for your DVM and connect the test leads to the controller's B- and M- terminals. Monitor voltage while driving cart.

Should be full pack voltage (38.2V fully charged) when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and should decrease down to about 0V with pedal on floor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #6
LowCountry89
Not Yet Wild

10-4 I'll give it a look as well. Thanks

Tags
click, ezgo, nogo, series, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO