lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2021, 06:20 AM   #1
tcb2020
Getting Wild

Default 2001 Club car ds skipping on hills

I have a 2001 club car ds that I can't seem to get figured out. It has batteries that are less than a year old and they all load test and gravity test just fine. The issue that i am facing is whenever on a slight incline the cart bumps. It almost feels like a loss of power but immediately after it jerks it runs fine and then may jerk again while on the incline but whenever you get back on flat ground the cart runs just fine. I had a new controller,solenoid, and upgraded to 4ga cables for the batteries. I have also taken the motor off and diassembled it. everything is fine internally on the motor as well as the splines on the rear end where to motor bolts up. I have also correctly adjusted the potentionmeter wiper arm to be in the correct postion and cleaned all of the contacts. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. If anyone has any insight or has dealt with a similar issue your help would be greatly appreciated.
tcb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club car ds skipping on hills

what is the make of the batteries and are they 6 or 8 volt ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

hook up a volt meter so you can see what it is at when it starts acting up...
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
Sagelike
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb2020 View Post
I have a 2001 club car ds that I can't seem to get figured out. It has batteries that are less than a year old and they all load test and gravity test just fine. The issue that i am facing is whenever on a slight incline the cart bumps. It almost feels like a loss of power but immediately after it jerks it runs fine and then may jerk again while on the incline but whenever you get back on flat ground the cart runs just fine. I had a new controller,solenoid, and upgraded to 4ga cables for the batteries. I have also taken the motor off and diassembled it. everything is fine internally on the motor as well as the splines on the rear end where to motor bolts up. I have also correctly adjusted the potentionmeter wiper arm to be in the correct postion and cleaned all of the contacts. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. If anyone has any insight or has dealt with a similar issue your help would be greatly appreciated.
I had an issue that I chased for 2 years, with many of the same issues you described. After all the time and money spent, it turned out to be light corrosion on one of the prongs for the run/tow switch. That's it.
Good luck with your search. Hope this helps.
Sagelike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car