lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
Rounder_Clyde
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 36v Club Car DS - 1991 - Replaced Everything - New member!

Hey guys , glad to finally become a member and decided to post my issue, as I can't seem to find the problem !! Short version: I bought cart, it ran but batteries were old and weak. I got 6 new 6v Trojan T105s, 2ga cables and copper ends and so forth. I installed a new vglide, new F/R switch, new solenoid (3 times to be sure), new key switch, wiring to and from, removed all the acc wiring for lights, cleaned up under seat, and no frayed or bare wires. This is a resistor coil cart - no controller.. I have been having a great time on it with my son and trios to the store and back and using it for work around my property. Til 2 weeks ago, drove to the store and back, parked it and the next morning I hit the go pedal and it goes about 4inches and stops, never more never less. New batteries/bank shows 38.7v and the solenoid clicks when pedal applied. Jacked it up on stands, wheels and tires spin when pedal depressed and easily to spin by hand. My concern is when I apply the go pedal, I can hold the tires by hand and they won't move until I let go. Basically creating a load. I replaced the charging port also, thinking it may think it's in charging mode, like an EZGO I had previously. But it didn't help.. I've now got the motor out of it, the brushes look new and nothing looks "bad" to my knowledge. Armature has a little bit of play inside the case but I feel like that's normal. This has got me going crazy and I am thinking I have overlooked something simple and gone way overboard trying to fix it. Almost like it could be a bad wire or connection to motor or elsewhere. I'm out of options. All replaced except fot the resistors. This model has the 1 solenoid... I must note - The readings on the forward/reverse switch /solenoid both "DO NOT read full battery pack voltage. Getting like half 19.1v and 25.6v - which is strange to me. Wonder if there's a specific way to set up the wiring posts.on F/R switch for when it turns.. It's very touchy when selecting F or R and has to be in a certain position to attempt to go Forward and having a "solenoid click"... Hope this will help and give many others the opp to fix theirs also ! Thanks in advance - Jonah
Rounder_Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 36v Club Car DS - 1991 - Replaced Everything - New member!

If it was working before I would try and bypass the solenoid first, put both big cables on same solenoid post (doesn’t matter which one). Do this with the tires off ground to make sure it doesn’t take off on you. At that point see if it has more power. Also at full throttle the power doesn’t go through resistors, knowing that may help your diagnosis too. If it works good with solenoid bypassed replace it again.

Assuming it worked before the FnR is probably ok unless it looks really burnt up at the contacts. The solenoid could click but still not have great contact which is why I would bypass to test first, if it’s clicking then the micro switch and key wiring should be good.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your getting low readings voltage wise I would double check all the connections too.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:42 PM   #4
Edwinok
Not Yet Wild

I’ve been searching forums to find someone who has the same cart model and year that I have and came across your post. Do you happen to have a parts list for the things you replaced? I have replaced the high voltage cables and batteries but all the low voltage lines are in poor condition. I don’t know if the person that had the cart before me had a voltage reducer for the 12v items, but I wanted to change out the lights/headlight switch/turn signals/horn/etc. I have seen harnesses that do a lot for accessories but nothing that is a one size fits all and maybe that doesn’t exist. If you were able to give any sort of insight it would be much appreciated!
Edwinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 07:54 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Give David Hicks a call, Edwinok

www.revolutiongolfcars.com
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car