lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2021, 10:25 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 TXT Just Died and wont go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Okay, the solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed. That means the pedal switch and part of the controller is good.

Troubleshooting 101: If the solenoid clicks, the problem is most likely in the high amp circuit. (Batteries, cables, solenoid contacts, motor and controller. ITS circuit feeds controller, so it often considered as part of high amp circuit also)

Connect your voltmeter between the controller's B- and M- terminals.
Should read a few volts less than battery pack voltage whenever Run/Tow is in Run.
Should read full battery pack voltage when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click.
Should decrease smoothly to zero volts as pedal is slowly pushed to floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcuspd View Post
Ok, If Im looking at that schematic right, M- is the center cable on the controller. When I put my meter on it I get 49.9 (Key on and in Run) regardless of if the pedal is pushed or not. (I get 50.4 on just B+ and B-)
Is that not what I said you should get???????

There are two additional statements following that one.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #12
Marcuspd
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=JohnnieB;1846344]Is that not what I said you should get???????

There are two additional statements following that one.[/QUOTE

Im saying that it stays at 49.9 no matter what I do. It's not decreasing when I press the pedal.
Marcuspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

[quote=Marcuspd;1846360]
Quote:
Is that not what I said you should get???????

There are two additional statements following that one.[/QUOTE

Im saying that it stays at 49.9 no matter what I do. It's not decreasing when I press the pedal.
Sorry, missed the part about the pedal being pushed.

If the its voltage (black wire on pin-2) varies from about 1.0V with pedal up to about 2.7V with pedal down, the controller is bad.

If it is, replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS adj pg 2 of 2.jpg (101.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #14
Marcuspd
Not Yet Wild

[quote=JohnnieB;1846367]
Quote:
Sorry, missed the part about the pedal being pushed.

If the its voltage (black wire on pin-2) varies from about 1.0V with pedal up to about 2.7V with pedal down, the controller is bad.

If it is, replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48

Ouch, I was hoping it wasn't the controller. Just out of curiosity, what is the benefit of that controller over the OEM one?

Thanks again for all your help
Old 08-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the benefit of that controller over the OEM one?
That controller is more powerful, easily customize-able for anyone with a laptop, allows for much easier diagnosis and has some built in safety features so it's more resilient to a bad installation. Plus they seem to last longer and are nearly the same price as a new Curtis controller.

The other pitfall is a used controller. Don't bother with a used/refurbed controller. They go in and replace the one part that failed after the controller was abused. The other abused but still functional parts are left there and it's only a matter of time before the refurbed controller fails. You aren't actually saving any $ going with a refurbished controller.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:00 PM   #16
Marcuspd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
That controller is more powerful, easily customize-able for anyone with a laptop, allows for much easier diagnosis and has some built in safety features so it's more resilient to a bad installation. Plus they seem to last longer and are nearly the same price as a new Curtis controller.

The other pitfall is a used controller. Don't bother with a used/refurbed controller. They go in and replace the one part that failed after the controller was abused. The other abused but still functional parts are left there and it's only a matter of time before the refurbed controller fails. You aren't actually saving any $ going with a refurbished controller.

Gotcha. Would this be the right one for my cart?

https://evdrives.com/alltrax-xct-484...48-golf-carts/

Theres a note thats confusing me that says "For the EZGO TXT48 option don't confuse this with the E-Z-GO TXT body style designation. This is for a fairly rare golf cart, the TXT48 from 2010 and up. It runs a stock 48V regen controller and motor."

Just to be clear my cart says Model TXT FLEET, ELEC with Date code C0314
Old 08-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

[quote=Marcuspd;1846377]
Quote:

Ouch, I was hoping it wasn't the controller. Just out of curiosity, what is the benefit of that controller over the OEM one?

Thanks again for all your help
In the Freedom mode, the OEM controller limits the motor to about 4400RPM, which is about 19MPH on stock height tires. The stock TXT48 motor will spin at about 5600RPM powered from a 48V battery pack, which is roughly 24MPH.

The max motor RPM is user adjustable with the XCT controller, so you can get your cart to run at speeds up to about 24MPH with it.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:17 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Gotcha. Would this be the right one for my cart?

https://evdrives.com/alltrax-xct-484...48-golf-carts/

Theres a note thats confusing me that says "For the EZGO TXT48 option don't confuse this with the E-Z-GO TXT body style designation. This is for a fairly rare golf cart, the TXT48 from 2010 and up. It runs a stock 48V regen controller and motor."

Just to be clear my cart says Model TXT FLEET, ELEC with Date code C0314
We recommend buying stuff fro BGW site sponsors. I buy my upgrades from: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

Looks like he sells the XCT48499-TXT48 with a 200A solenoid for just a few dollars more.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #19
Marcuspd
Not Yet Wild

Gotcha. Thanks again!!
Old 08-20-2021, 06:51 AM   #20
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought the 300 amp version from Scotty:
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

The 400 amp version is far more capable, but the 300 with the increased voltage and reduced weight of my lithium setup really as done well for me. Also, where I live there are no hills to contend with.

The stock solenoid will eventually fail, it's just a matter of time. So you'll want to get the HD solenoid.

Also you 'might' want to look at the personality switches that scotty has available. Especially if you have kids.
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltr...-controls.html
I have the 3 mode switch and I have one mode set for when the kids drive the cart, one for the wife and I when we drive and the last personality is idiot-mode... The last one is fun because it'll pop full wheelies and do 30mph.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO