lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2021, 06:07 PM   #1
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default No DS

I have a 2001 club car DS that just quit . It has sat unused for two years until i purchased it. I installed 6 new trojans and replaced all the cables with 4 gauge cables . The cart was running great for a week and a half then refused to turn on
The charger doesn’t work now either . I jumpered the main negative to the fused side of the charge port and it turns on and charges properly. I then put a jumper lead from the ground to the grounding side of the solenoid and jacked up the cart. Turned on the key and it ran fine forward and reverse. It has a triangular plug on the OBC which wires do join to bypass the OBC for now as there are no parts available until October from the dealer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (268.1 KB, 0 views)
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: No DS

Did the charger ever work for you? Sounds like you drove it until it died.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM   #3
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yes it has 50.4 volts in the pack and the charger turns on when you bypass the OBC
Old 08-19-2021, 05:18 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks like you have a series cart...The neg signal to the solenoid comes from the obc not the controller...Cut the yellow wire that runs from the SMALL post of the solenoid close to the obc.. Put a 5/16" round terminal on it and connect it to pack negative or controller B- ...You have to puchase a smart charger with the obc bypassed as the powerdrive charger will never shut off...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:46 AM   #5
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks that was the info i was needing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car