lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2021, 12:25 AM   #1
King549
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart remains in R after switching to F

I have a 2002 Club Car DS with new Navitas controller and new HD solenoid. Sometimes, not always, when I switch from R to F the cart will remain in R until I flip it back and forth. Tonight while going downhill I reaccelerated at the bottom of the hill and the cart didn't accelerate or even move until I powered off and on and switched the F/R switch a couple of times. The obvious answer is the F/R switch is bad but I had this issue last week and just put a new F/R switch in and the problem remains.
I am hoping this issue isn't a controller issue...could this be a solenoid issue, loose wire, I checked for loose connections and all seems fine?
Appreciate any input.
King549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Cart remains in R after switching to F

Check the output at the switch and make sure it is sending the correct voltage when it is switched.
Then check the same at the controller.
Having a Navitas controller, you should also be able to monitor the F or R command using their bluetooth app. This would tell you if the controller is getting the F or R command from the switch. If it shows a forward command, but the cart goes reverse, likely the controller is bad.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #3
King549
Not Yet Wild

Thanks very much for the reply. Very much appreciated. I will read up on running these tests. Is it technically possible that this could be a faulty MCOR issue? I am replacing a newly installed, yet junky MCOR4 with an OEM version on Monday as I also have surging that is going on when accelerating. If you think this could be related somehow I will hold off because I am pretty certain I have an MCOR problem. I am hoping these issues could be related...
Old 08-28-2021, 02:11 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The MCOR has no affect on F or R. Separate parts and separate circuits.
A bad MCOR can certainly cause surging, but here again, you can use the Navitas Bluetooth app to monitor throttle input, and you should be able to see the throttle percentage change. If your foot is held in the same position while the surging is happening, you will see the percentage change up and down. If the throttle percentage doesn’t change, but the cart surges anyway, then it’s less likely to be a problem with the MCOR.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:00 PM   #5
King549
Not Yet Wild

Thank you again. Yeah it was wishful thinking that I could get an all in one fix with the MCOR. The surging is really just a whiplash like surge when taking off but no surging when going along. Navitas thought it was a bad MCOR since my throttle min and max were so high at 1.29 and 4.8. That will hopefully fix the jumpiness and hopefully your test suggestions will lead me to the F/R issue.
Thanks very much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car