lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
wacheena
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV 2010, PowerWise won't charge new batteries

I have a 2010 48 volt RXV that I put in storage for three years.

Last week, I took it out of storage and replaced the batteries with four brand new US Battery US12VRX.

I drove the car for four days, distances approximately 0.5 miles each time and plugged in my PowerWise QE charger after each use.

On the fifth morning I woke up and discovered that the cart had not charged overnight and the charger was flashing two red pulse followed by a pause -- indicating either a low or high voltage.

I used a volt meter to measure the voltage of each battery (12.1 volts) and of the whole circuit (approx 48 volts).

Next, I used the meter to check the receptacle and also saw 48 volts.

Next, thinking my charger was faulty I connected a completely different charger to the receptacle and saw the same error code (two red flashes).

Suspecting a problem with the receptacle, I connected a 20amp icon charger directly to the positive and negative nodes for the circuit and finally saw the batteries start to charge.

Based on that I suspected that there was a problem with the charger receptacle so I purchased two replacements from Amazon (just in case):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074QKMRWQ...roduct_details

I tried both receptacles and after each installation I continued to see the same fault code on my charger.

I'm at a loss about what to look at next because I've tested the batteries, charger and replaced the receptacle port -- all appear to be fine.

Does anyone else have any ideas about what I should try?
wacheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV 2010, PowerWise won't charge new batteries

Have you checked your charger on another cart to make sure the charger is working?
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
wacheena
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV 2010, PowerWise won't charge new batteries

Good idea. I’ll try that next.
wacheena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charge, receptacle, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO