lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV sonic weld repair

KIMG0663.jpg
So my cart quit passing the start up test yesterday. Sometimes the solenoid clicks and the brake test sounds weak and quick, while the gauge shows 100%. Other times it does nothing and the gauge acts funky with the lower bars blinking back and forth. Pack voltage is 50.9, motor brake, solenoid, and batteries are all new since May. It did this same thing last spring and after checking connectors, wiggling wires, and shimming the throttle spring with vacuum tube the problem became intermittent.
I'd plan on pulling the front batteries and redoing the 5 to one sonic weld to see if that helps so my question is how to do it? Solder? Crimp? Heat shrink then?
Thoughts gentlemen?
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2021, 04:39 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV sonic weld repair

Well definitely solder followed with heat shrink and then even use electrical tape to keep this area as dry as possible.

We are talking about a 2010 RXV that has been noted to have wiring problems from the acid in the batteries. And especially fleet carts do from the lack of care while part of a fleet. This could get down to replacing the whole main wiring harness to get this problem to go away. If you go this route go with the Curtis main wiring harness. This would do away with the conversion you have now.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #3
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tip Jeff. A new harness is the way to go.
Re-reading old threads it looks like I'd be chasing my tail with fixing just one sonic weld. But we'll have a rain day tomorrow so I'll try it because I miss my buggy.
So does anyone have a part number for the latest harness that would work? The 618950 is what I've searched for with no luck.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:18 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

618995 buy one when EZGO has a sale if you can wait till then. There not cheap.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:48 PM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
618995 buy one when EZGO has a sale if you can wait till then. There not cheap.
You can make them too. Not that hard if you have a harness to clone. The TE 776164-1 plugs can be purchased from NOCO, Mouser, Digikey, Newark, etc... and the pins (770854-1) as well. Get yourself some 16-18ga wire and clone it.

Parts are about 35$ in total to make a harness including the other TE and Molex plugs. I make replacement harnesses for the local dealers to me here in Toronto area. Its hard to get new harnesses in Canada. You can clone any main wire harness. I absolutely refuse to pay the price that Nivel and EZGO charge for main wire harnesses.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO