lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #1
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Spooks in my TXT48

I have a 2013 TXT48 that is driving me nuts. I've noticed the cart acting like I take my foot off the throttle once in a while at a certain position of the pedal. Not often, but enough to notice. Other than that it runs great. A couple weeks ago while leaving the pool at camp, the cart quit totally. No solenoid click, nothing. Then it clicked and ran a couple hundred feet then quit again. I got towed back to our site and parked it. Got back in 20 minutes later, tried to back it out. Ran perfectly. Didn't touch anything. Ran fine for a couple weeks till it quit yesterday. Found some contact cleaner and sprayed the fwd/rev switch. Nothing. I then found a weather tite plug with 4 wires by the solenoid. Opened it and it looked great inside. Sprayed it, put it together and the solenoid clicked and it ran again.
I ran it for over an hour without any problems, parked it, put it on charge. Three hours later I was heading to the dumpster and backed it out. I put it in forward and nothing. Will a bad ITS come and go like this? Batteries are 2-1/2 year old Trojan T875's with 51.1 volts I ordered another ITS, but it won't be here for a week. My tools are all home so I can't take anything apart till I get the trailer and bring it home tomorrow and run further tests. I'm hoping someone might have some idea on what's going on and where else to look. Thanks, Bob
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Spooks in my TXT48

Just something to check. There is a wire splice near the run tow switch that feeds different circuits that can go bad. Try wiggling the harness there and see if it runs. If yes you know what to do.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:34 PM   #3
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will do. Going to bring the cart home tomorrow morning. All my tools are here. I have a feeling you are right about that. Those are the wires I move and the cart will run again. I did check where the speed sensor wire rubs on the battery box. All is good there.
While I was typing this, my cart guy called and told my to bring it to him. He can plug it in the hand held for clues too. I swap homemade sausage and ham for cart work so cost isn't a concern.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Tell tails with the handheld are monitoring the fnr input, reverse buzzer and key switch. They all get power from that joint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 08FCDE4C-3B6F-46E1-B89E-17F23DCD9100.jpeg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that diagram. Pretty much confirms your idea. That pedal/ITS 4 wire connector is the one i took apart and sprayed the last time the cart ran for me. Time to open the loom and dig in.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you start at the run tow switch chase that wire into the loom and it will take you to the joint.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:20 PM   #7
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Perfect. Thank you. I'll post the results.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #8
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Back on the road. It was the ITS. You can see the corrosion on the old one. The bottom seam delaminated and it looks like water got in.0908211640.jpg

0908211702.jpg

But there was no sign of water in the box. The back side was clean.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO