lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #21
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 G2 Build Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
May sound crazy, but just take the air box hose off (at the carb) and fold it out of the way, then run it. Does it run better? If so, the air box isn't sealed right and it critical to that cart. You need all the inner parts, the lid cannot be warped and the lid seal should be changed and all 4 straps new and plyable and no holes in the bottom case. Make shure all the tabs for the straps are not broken also. Some guy's use a K & N filter and rejet the carb. Glade to hear you got it togeather. Dave
I will take the hose off today, and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for the tip.

How difficult is it to rejet the carb?
ElRojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #22
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

not too hard but if you put on a k+n you really should make the muffler less resrictive to equilize the airflow. but you can try it and for the $10 in jets from plowmans carts its not a big deal.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabercat View Post
not too hard but if you put on a k+n you really should make the muffler less resrictive to equilize the airflow. but you can try it and for the $10 in jets from plowmans carts its not a big deal.
It runs much better without the air filter hooked up. No need to choke it. I will get the stock filter fitted on right and see how it runs with everything in it. I hate to start modifying too much until I can get it to run like it is supposed to. Then I will accessorize.

Can somebody give me a quick carb lesson?

There are two screws on the carb with springs. What exactly do they do and how should they be set? What does turning each of them accomplish and when should they be adjusted?

Thanks again for everybodys help. I took my 7 yr old son for a ride around the block last evening. He was grinning ear to ear. He can't wait until he can drive it.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

the one adjustment screw by the gas line comming from the fuel pump, is your air/fuel mixture screw, if your running on the stock airfilter and jets it should be adjusted 1 1/2 turns out after you lightly seat it by turning all the way in. the 2nd srew is the throtle stop and it should be 1/4 of a turn in after in touches the stop plate, it makes the cart easier to start. if everything is good when you adjust the carb it should help it start better, if not, we'll have to start digging...
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #25
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabercat View Post
the one adjustment screw by the gas line comming from the fuel pump, is your air/fuel mixture screw, if your running on the stock airfilter and jets it should be adjusted 1 1/2 turns out after you lightly seat it by turning all the way in. the 2nd srew is the throtle stop and it should be 1/4 of a turn in after in touches the stop plate, it makes the cart easier to start. if everything is good when you adjust the carb it should help it start better, if not, we'll have to start digging...
It looks like the air/fuel mixture screw is not stock. It is a philips head screw. I ordered a new one. So now I wait for parts.

While I am waiting, I have been trying to clean the body up. I was going to re-install the rubber rocker covers that came on it. Is there some type of trick to this? Do the metal slides go on the cart first, or do they slide into the rubber trim piece first?

Also, does anyone have a stock OEM black steering wheel they are not using? The white one looks kind of goofy now that the seats and everything else are black.

I will get some updated pictures this weekend.

Thanks again for all the advice.
chad
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 AM   #26
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Hey Chad,

Looks like your doing a great job on your rebuild.

I bought an 88 G2 about a year and a half ago and had rust in the exact same spots...and my rockers were all rotted to crap too

I ended up fabbing new side rockers and also made braces for the front cowl supports. Dave (Smallblock) helped me alot and I was able to find a bunch of NOS frame and body parts but....after all that, I have never been able to find a better 'rear body' for mine. Mine was trashed. I started to sand it all down (it had been painted with spray cans once or twice and finally with a brush and some lousy paint by the previous owners kids) but, I gave in and bought an EZGO electric to run until I can get more motivted to work on my G2.

Anyway, as I said, looks like your making great progress, keep up the good work !

Kev
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #27
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

I didn't get much accomplished this weekend. I had ordered the torque kit from CPP and planned on installing it. I was able to remove everything without too much trouble. Then I noticed that two of the three ramp shoes were broken. Everything is apart and waiting for me to try and locate them this morning. The other parts I ordered should be here in a couple of days. I hope to have all the new parts for the air box and tensioner installed and the rear body painted and on by the end of the week.

I almost forgot, I changed the transmission oil on Saturday. It appeared to have not been changed in a long time. The vent hose split when I removed it. I have it taped up right now, but it's another part I need to get ordered.

One step forward and two steps back is starting to be the theme of this project.

Thanks again for the all the comments and suggestions. Keep them coming.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #28
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Nobody around had the ramp shoes in stock. I did find a whole spring seat from a newer model Yamaha. I think this is from the G9's on. The ramps screw on instead of being pressed in. Otherwise, it looks the same. It fit, so I hope it works.

Everything is back together. I ran it in neutral while it was still on the jack stands, and it looked to be ok. I am going to try and get the rear wheels painted today since one of them is already off. I will reassemble this evening and hopefully take it for a spin.

You can see the tape job on the transmission vent tube. Gray Duct tape keeps the world moving for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torque spring.jpg (55.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

looks good! while your on the clutches why not give both the primary and sec. 2-3 shots or grease? the sec. driven may or may not have a nipple on it depending on the year.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #30
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRojo View Post
I didn't get much accomplished this weekend. I had ordered the torque kit from CPP and planned on installing it. I was able to remove everything without too much trouble. Then I noticed that two of the three ramp shoes were broken. Everything is apart and waiting for me to try and locate them this morning. The other parts I ordered should be here in a couple of days. I hope to have all the new parts for the air box and tensioner installed and the rear body painted and on by the end of the week.

I almost forgot, I changed the transmission oil on Saturday. It appeared to have not been changed in a long time. The vent hose split when I removed it. I have it taped up right now, but it's another part I need to get ordered.

One step forward and two steps back is starting to be the theme of this project.

Thanks again for the all the comments and suggestions. Keep them coming.
It's going to be well worth the effort when you get all done. Nice work so far and of course, G2/G9 are the best!! MORE PICS!!

TheNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha