lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Default Yahama @ MUCH FUEL!

Neighbor asked me to take a look at his Yamaha gas cart today. It had flooded earlier and now barely able to run. I started by pulling and leaning th plug. Started rolling the engine over w/o plug to expel raw fuel and WHOA! LOTS of gas spraying out the plug hole as RPMs decrease. Replaced plug and tried again with lid for airbox off. Started OK and smoked very little, wound it up and seemed OK. As RPMs decreased fuel FLOWED from the OHV cover hose into the breather box, HEAVY flow!! Pulled the carb off w/o seeing anything obvious. Tried running w/o airbox and same. RPMs up...OK. RPMs decrease and fuel pouring out the OHV hose and the breather port of the fuel pump. SPRAYING out the fuel pump too. Took cover off pump and didn't see anything obvious out of place there either. Only thing I can think of is possibly the carb float not stopping flow...? Seemed REALLY excessive, like the pump is working WAY too well. Any help would really be appreciated. I feel bad that I could help as he was hoping to take his kids trick or treating tonight. HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all here and THANKS in advance
rschap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yahama @ MUCH FUEL!

Check your float level and valve seat.Sounds like it is stuck open.GOOD LUCK
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check the crank case oil level, I think you have a blown fuel pump and it is sucking gas into the crank case.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

I did search Yamaha Flooding and saw a few others with same. Guessing it is the diaphram in the fuel pump as extreme as this is. THANKS
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

The amount of fuel being spewed and the way it is doing it upon decreasing rpms, I am looking to replace the fuel pump diaphram . Any place special to purchase such things? THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Check out our sponsors: link in my sig.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Checked out a bunch of the sponsor's links and everything else I could find.
Only able to fink listings for complete fuel pump assemblies....is there just a diaphragm available anywheres?

Spoke with my neighbor yesterday (his cart, just trying to lend a hand), and he said same. I don't even have the year, model, or serial number info. as of yet, just wondered if I am even looking in the right places for the parts...I see $60-$80 for a pump whereas other makes like EZ GO I find $5-$6 diaphragm and repair kits...I know I should get some part and G__ number from the cart, but got alot more info here already than I started with (THANKS AGAIN) so I came back:)
Old 11-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

With my both uncles and fathers G16's this happens when it dips below freezing for the first time. Both carts had a very small amount of water in the bowl of the carb. Its my theory that its freezing and lifting the float then raw fuel is dumped into the cylinder and finally the fuel works its way past the rings into the crankcase.

Pull carb or drain bowl, then change the oil in the crankcase and we have always been good to go. It has happened for the last three years to both carts.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikicart View Post
With my both uncles and fathers G16's this happens when it dips below freezing for the first time. Both carts had a very small amount of water in the bowl of the carb. Its my theory that its freezing and lifting the float then raw fuel is dumped into the cylinder and finally the fuel works its way past the rings into the crankcase.

Pull carb or drain bowl, then change the oil in the crankcase and we have always been good to go. It has happened for the last three years to both carts.

Might consider checking/cleaning the tank for water and trash and then check the can you use to fill them.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, but I have checked the tanks and we cycle alot of fuel thru the cans for the jetski's and boats. But its really humid here in the summer and with the amount of ethanol in today's fuels, it appears to be pulling water out of the sky. From this summer forward I have been adding Startron fuel additive in all of my jetski's, boats, my G1, and my uncles G16, so we'll see as soon as it gets below freezing.
http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha