lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
dragin
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 I think

Hi everyone, first time posting here, but I've been reading for a couple of weeks. I just picked up this yamaha 2 stroke that I think is a G2. Where would I find the serial number on this model? It starts and runs good, good power uphill, reverse is good. What would you guys suggest for making this thing reliable and in good shape. Its gonna be a pit vehicle for the dragstrip and a nice little project for me. oh ya I paid $500. Is that a good deal? Where should I be looking for frame rust? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (87.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg cart3.jpg (85.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (66.7 KB, 11 views)
dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
2HawkFans
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 I think

That would be a G1. They were made from '79 to the late 80's.

The serial number can usually be found on the square tube part of the frame behind the rear tire. Usually on the drivers side (but mine was on the passenger) and will look like a JXX-XXXXX. This number is also stamped on the engine on the fan side. It will be near the fan cover plastic in the area of the carb.

For a running cart I think you did pretty well.
2HawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G2 I think

Again, Yup...she's a G1.

As for rust, hope that you do not find any cause getting replacement parts is a bear.

You should look around the side rails, the battery box (bottom of it), up under the dash/cowl area where the front end mounts, and the floor boards. At least those are all the places where I found rot in my G2. I found the rear frame ws pretty good.

As for the price you paid, $500 is Ok for a running cart. Just know that there's a limit to how many parts you will be able to find for an older model such as that.

Good luck......and WELCOME to BGW

Kev
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha