lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
subaru_crazy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default What's next

im building a 95 g14 so far ive put a jakes lift kit and 22 mud tires, speed spring and torque spring from carts parts plus. what do you guys think i should do to it next. i wanna drive it on the trails just like a 4wheeler. i want to have alot of power in the hills aswell. i dont care about speed. any info would help thanks
subaru_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What's next

Big Block!

You can rejet the carb, modify air box or filter and change mufflers for little more power.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
Big Block!

You can rejet the carb, modify air box or filter and change mufflers for little more power.
Yep, what Craig said!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If you want to keep up with 4wheelers then do like Craig suggests. A little expensive but well worth it if your looking for torque. Speed will increase as well but torque will more than triple.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
subaru_crazy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
If you want to keep up with 4wheelers then do like Craig suggests. A little expensive but well worth it if your looking for torque. Speed will increase as well but torque will more than triple.
i cant afford to big block it right now. how much does the jetting airbox and exhaust usaully cost.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
i cant afford to big block it right now. how much does the jetting airbox and exhaust usaully cost.
Jet and k&n air filter are around $60. The exhaust is very expensive. Around $200 I think. If your handy with a welder and don't worry about noise, I'd cut to stock one open and gut it. Just be mindful that it will ruin the stock muffler as far as baffles/noise/etc... and they are expensive to replace. You might also experiment with some pipe and a muffler for a lawn mower. I've seen a few do this but it is loud.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
subaru_crazy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Jet and k&n air filter are around $60. The exhaust is very expensive. Around $200 I think. If your handy with a welder and don't worry about noise, I'd cut to stock one open and gut it. Just be mindful that it will ruin the stock muffler as far as baffles/noise/etc... and they are expensive to replace. You might also experiment with some pipe and a muffler for a lawn mower. I've seen a few do this but it is loud.
sounds good i pretty good with a welder and i have a pipe bender so i mght go that root thanks guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha