lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default A Sincere Thanks + another question

Hey guys Just wanted to say thanks for all your help on this forum. I got my 16 HP clone in my cart and I have the clutch all put together. There is still a bunch of work I have to do, but I am far enough that I got to take my g9 out for it's first drive today. Power seems good, top speed is a bit slower than expected (but that's okay- I don't want to go too fast. The question I have........... I noticed that the ez-go carts have kind of an independant rear axle which would help significantly with traction on uneven surface. The Yamahas have that big square undercarriage that pulls an entire wheel off the ground when not on a flat surface,(understand???) What are you guys doing if anything to remedy this?

Thanks again
ckraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A Sincere Thanks + another question

None of the golf carts have an IRS the ezgos all have a solid differential like a car or truck.... But there are suspension improvements available... One of the yamaha guys will be along to help.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I've never really had an issue with the older Yamaha rear swing arm setup, but then I don't do extreme off roading.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

You could always copy the single mount in the front of the cradle like the ezgos have. this would help the rear articulate more.
Or...... Just sell it and buy an ezgo (the smart thing to do) J/K
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
You could always copy the single mount in the front of the cradle like the ezgos have. this would help the rear articulate more.
Or...... Just sell it and buy an ezgo (the smart thing to do)
Like Jon said, YAMAHAS RULE!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Like Jon said, YAMAHAS RULE!!
what!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckraker View Post
Hey guys Just wanted to say thanks for all your help on this forum. I got my 16 HP clone in my cart and I have the clutch all put together. There is still a bunch of work I have to do, but I am far enough that I got to take my g9 out for it's first drive today. Power seems good, top speed is a bit slower than expected (but that's okay- I don't want to go too fast. The question I have........... I noticed that the ez-go carts have kind of an independant rear axle which would help significantly with traction on uneven surface. The Yamahas have that big square undercarriage that pulls an entire wheel off the ground when not on a flat surface,(understand???) What are you guys doing if anything to remedy this?

Thanks again
I'm not sure what you are refering to on an Ezgo. I don't know of any that have an independent type suspension. They have a leaf spring setup similar to a truck. Your G9 suspension is similar except it does not have leaf springs and the swing arm pivots on two points from the main frame rail where an Ezgo pivots on one in the middle. I've never incountered any problems with any of my G9's and actually give a little better ride and flexability than an Ezgo as far as the rear suspension goes.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think this is the reason why some of the aftermarket guys are building 3 link rear suspensions...... none of the stock carts I've looked at articulate very well.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

most of the springs on an ezgo are of the heavy duty type and are to stiff to take full advantage of the cradle being able to twist. like so many other things it's a trade off in how much weight you can carry vs how smooth a ride you have.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Other than the ride, I do like the fact that the leaf springs on an Ezgo help with the stability of the cart. A can't stand the way a G16 is setup with the center mount. They usually lean as well as being a little unstable when lifted over 4 inches.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha