lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
shipwreckedd
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default g14 clutch question

cart is stock, not going to lift but may go with a 205 tire and wheel combo. Primary looks good but going to remove and clean. Secondary also in good shape. Want more bottom end as this cart will mostly be used at a campground with two people and a BIG cooler. Not used to playing with these carts but have done quite a few snowmobile clutch jobs so the ability is there. Can I get enough adjustment out of the stock "black" spring to gain any noticeable improvement or should I not waste my time and go with a torque kit? Not looking for a big improvement but would like a lil more. I have decided to not go crazy on this one, prolly just seat cover and improve the wheel/tires and just deal with what i have and pass it along to the wife........so i can start another
shipwreckedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default Re: g14 clutch question

You could try, but I don't think it would get you much. There are a few different holes in the sheaves on the secondary clutch that you can put the ends of the spring in, but really for the price of a torque kit I would go that way. You won't regret it. There are different options on the torque kits as well.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: g14 clutch question

The spring/spacer only torque kit is the cheapest and best mod you'll ever do to a lifted Yamaha. It's about $45. The different holes in the rear clutch system for the stock spring won't do a thing. Or at least it never did for me. I've tried them all with no noticeable change.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha