lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #21
greenmonster
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fender Flares

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
These are the ones I put on the rear of my cart:

I am very pleased with them, they are VERY STRONG. I had a mishap offloading my cart from the trailer, slipped off one side because the ramp kicked out, and the weight of the rear of my sparky cart was supported by ONE FLARE for 20 minutes while I rigged up a new ramp to save the cart. I'm sold.
Gorno- the website does not list prices. Would you mind sharing what you paid for the rear set?
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #22
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I decided to pick mine up from BigBlockMan (CartsPartsPlus.com) as they were the only site to explain there were 2 types, the difference between the two, they sell both, and they are a BGW Site Sponsor. I bought the HD set for $149 (I think).
Checkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #23
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster View Post
Gorno- the website does not list prices. Would you mind sharing what you paid for the rear set?
The GMT website is for dealers, they are not a retail operation. If I remember right I got the rears only shipped to the house for $80 or so. Caught them on sale at an internet vendor.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rather than starting a redundant thread, I thought I should resurect this old one. I used the search feature like a good little BGW'er.

I just got this same GMT set of flares in and my brushguard is in the way too. The fronts will almost fit, but I will have very little body to drill into for the mounting holes. They came with the push pins, but I will through bolt them if I decide to use them. I'm not getting rid of the brush guard, so I have some thinking to do. If I would have read this thread prior to ordering them, I probabaly wouldn't have, because of the brush guard. How's everybody's holding up?
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #25
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Mine are fine. I hit a cinder block with one at full speed during our campground Grand Prix race. It made a sickening sound, but on postrace inspection, there was no damage. Tough product!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #26
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

My front guards have very little body on the front holes as well - so far so good. Just wished I could find a set that stuck out further. Need more mud coverage.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I still have not decided if I'm going to put them on yet. It's drilling that first hole....after that, you're committed!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #28
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does anyone know where I can get smaller flares than the GMT ones? I ordered a set and they were just too big for the look I was going for. I am looking for between 1 & 2 inches in flare.

Thanks.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 AM   #29
B-Dubya
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Benjylafond, the website says those flares ore for '95 and current. Can they be adjusted to fit a 93 model marathon? I am new to this cart thing so I don't know the dimensional difference between a '93 and '95.
B-Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #30
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dubya View Post
Benjylafond, the website says those flares ore for '95 and current. Can they be adjusted to fit a 93 model marathon? I am new to this cart thing so I don't know the dimensional difference between a '93 and '95.
Welcome to the forum. Can't help you on this one, never had a marathon so I don't know if those would fit. I'm certain one of the guys on this forum can tell you though.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO