lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can someone tell me specs for clutch puller bolt?

I think the biggest problem you might stumble into here is not the physical dimensions but the Rockwell hardness it needs to be. I have a nice looking home made puller tool jammed in a clutch here. I imagine, that the hardness was incorrect and caused internal swelling which in turn has locked it into the clutch.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

chris, i had the same thing happen 2 times with a few home made pullers........thats why i bought mine.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

You should have bought EZGO there are no secrets there. For the EZGO cart (and it may be the same for Club Car). The bolt is 3/4 inch fine thread 2 inches long and the stud is 5/8th, 3 inches long. Now you could weld the stud to the bolt or you can just drop the stud into the center of the clutch and wind in the bolt. If you want to experiment why not buy the bolt and see if it matches the thread. If it does you are in business.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
hanly2
Getting Wild

Ok well the clutch arrived super early and came in today, so off I went to the hardware store to experiment. I p/u a 6" grade 5 3/8 bolt. Grinded the threads off and tapered it a little. Then I cut 1/2" off the end. I also purchased a 2.5" grade 5 7/16-20, to use as my pusher bolt. As a side note I had to use the 2.5" because the leaf spring mount was in the way. I dropped the pusher into the clutch and screwed the bolt in. I probably screwed it in a bit to far before I realized that I should hit the back of the clutch with the hammer to try to help it out. But it popped off. The hard part was getting the pusher back out. The clutch couldn't fall out because it was hanging on the pusher, long story short I was able to push the pusher out with a screwdriver. Put the new clutch on and cart runs great, it seems to have plenty of low end and gets right up to 12mph. Now I just need to get it up to like 18 or so 12 is soooo slow! Thanks for all the help.
hanly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok glad to hear it........have to tell ya though some of them are real pains to get off.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
hanly2
Getting Wild

Oh believe me it was I hammered on that thing for a while before finally going and making the puller. And I still had to hit it.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #17
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
Ok well the clutch arrived super early and came in today, so off I went to the hardware store to experiment. I p/u a 6" grade 5 3/8 bolt. Grinded the threads off and tapered it a little. Then I cut 1/2" off the end. I also purchased a 2.5" grade 5 7/16-20, to use as my pusher bolt. As a side note I had to use the 2.5" because the leaf spring mount was in the way. I dropped the pusher into the clutch and screwed the bolt in. I probably screwed it in a bit to far before I realized that I should hit the back of the clutch with the hammer to try to help it out. But it popped off. The hard part was getting the pusher back out. The clutch couldn't fall out because it was hanging on the pusher, long story short I was able to push the pusher out with a screwdriver. Put the new clutch on and cart runs great, it seems to have plenty of low end and gets right up to 12mph. Now I just need to get it up to like 18 or so 12 is soooo slow! Thanks for all the help.
Decipher sho's post and pretty soon you will be running like............... I don't know what, but trust me, Sho is pretty much on the money most of the time. In the meantime; If you want to get to a sensible speed I have the information.Or, read the stickies lol.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #18
hanly2
Getting Wild

I would love to get to a sensible speed, please provide me with your info. I read all the stickies, they are mostly about modding the clutches and springs and all that.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #19
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

hanly you went through all this time and trouble to make a puller with grade 5 blots and cuttin and all the jazz. for 40 bucks you could have call tom aor anther sponsor, screwed in the puller, and hadthe clutch pop off with little time and ease! i used mine and do not recal having to hit anythig with a hammer. cast alluinium and hammers are not a good mix!
one thing my dad told me, they make the tool for a reason. but there are other times i make my tools too. i do a lot of trans work on tarctor trialors. alot of my tools are homemade. but it sure is cheaper then buying a 60 dollar clutch tool, or 75 buccks for a cover pullter when a couplr of bolts work just fine.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car