lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
DrLenger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default My Snubber keeps falling off?

My snubber keeps falling off, I have a 6 inch lift which changes the angle of the unitized chassis. But I was looking through some old posts and found a picture that someone had submitted and I noticed there was some sort of L shaped bracket that went over the top of the snubber. Mine only has the bracket that is bolted to the front of the engine pan that you slide the snubber onto. If anyone has a picture of the correct set up I would appreciate it.....looks like I might have to fabricate something. I also read where some have glued the snubber on.....I guess I could do that also.
DrLenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My Snubber keeps falling off?

I have a 6 inch lift as well, and I added a big block which required lowering the front of the engine cradle. My snubber was missing when I bought the cart. After reading around alot of posts I drilled mine and bolted it to the bottom of the frame it is inside of. Also put a peice of rubber from an old bushing between the snubber bracket and the spot I drilled through to help dampen the vibration. Worth thinkin about.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
2monsters
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is what it is supposed to look like. Usually the plate on top is longer and covers the snubber.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...tml#post105422

I flipped the bracket that the snubber sits on, that will drop the engine a little bit.

Lockman has a few pics of a mod he did with some flat stock to level out the engine.

here is a pic of the modified snubber: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...tml#post508549

just type snubber in the search tools and you will get some good ideas but your gonna have to read a bit!
2monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
DrLenger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I built one of these extenders from flat stock, flipped the bracket over also, dropped the snubber around 4 inches, putting the engine back together now....I will let you know how it works out
Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
DrLenger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

here is a shot of the custom adjustable snubber

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car