lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Angry 99 club car engine wont start

I first had a problem not keeping battery charged. I changed the voltage regulator that didnt fix it. I then replaced the brushes on the voltage regulator. Now that i have dont that the starter generator runs and the belt is tight. But now the engine wont start. I have checked the gas lines and I am getting fuel out of the pump when i push the pedal and i know that the spark plug is firing due to me pulling it out and grounding it.I cleaned out the carbuerator twice and still i cant figure out why this thing is not running. I also have noticed that the spark plug doesnt sem wet. Please help i am running out of ideas.
crane2599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 club car engine wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane2599 View Post
I first had a problem not keeping battery charged. I changed the voltage regulator that didnt fix it. I then replaced the brushes on the voltage regulator. Now that i have dont that the starter generator runs and the belt is tight. But now the engine wont start. I have checked the gas lines and I am getting fuel out of the pump when i push the pedal and i know that the spark plug is firing due to me pulling it out and grounding it.I cleaned out the carbuerator twice and still i cant figure out why this thing is not running. I also have noticed that the spark plug doesnt sem wet. Please help i am running out of ideas.
Tha simple fact that your plug is dry points to the carb not delivering fuel. How are you cleaning the carb ? It's a little more complicated than dropping the fuel bowl and wiping it out but not much. Pull all the jets, soak them in a good carb cleaner overnight. (paint thinners will not suffice) Run a small wire, (crude but effective) through every orifice in EVERY JET. Blow the holes clear with compressed air. Re-assemble and test again. Alternatively, see if a jolt of carb cleaning fluid up the intake causes a burp from the motor.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

I will take it apart again tomorrow. I did do a very good cleaning, i did take it apart all the way and sprayed it out with carb cleaner. Thanks for the reply
Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: 99 club car engine wont start

We cleaned out carb again and no luck. I even had someone take it completely apart and go through it with the some wire that he had used to clean out other carbs. Still no luck, Im not sure what we are missing. We also tried spraying some starter fluid in the chamber and still doesnt fire. Is it possible that the spark plug isnt getting enough charge?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

very possible, check for good strong spark and you might want to do a compression test but if your plug isn,t getting wet when you crank it over than its not getting any fuel...........its just possible you may have 2 problems.............sometimes the carbs just can,t be brought back to life and you have to replace it but before that make sure your dealing with good spark.......get a spark tester..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

took carb off this time and sprayed still nothing. Got new spark plug even though i know it was good. Put on new fuel filter just for fun. Then hooked up battery charger and turned on full amp jump and still nothing. WE then took cover off and checked valves and they are both pumping up and down. What can we possibly be missing? Why would the plug not be wet? Even after removing the carb.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Can you tell me how to do the tests you are talking about.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane2599 View Post
took carb off this time and sprayed still nothing. Got new spark plug even though i know it was good. Put on new fuel filter just for fun. Then hooked up battery charger and turned on full amp jump and still nothing. WE then took cover off and checked valves and they are both pumping up and down. What can we possibly be missing? Why would the plug not be wet? Even after removing the carb.
Spraying carb cleaner will achieve next to nothing. You need to pull all the jets out and let them soak overnight and then clean out all the orrifice's with a bit of wire as I said earlier. Plug not wet = no fuel coming through the carb = a no run situation. I assume that the float bowl is full isn't it ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes if plug isn,t getting wet theres something going on with the carb.....cris i thought he said he ran wire thur jets??? but anyways now i,m not sure how good a job was done but i have ran into the odd occasion where no matter how long i spent on a carb it was just plain shot..........don,t know why i never thought i would see that but after spending lots of time and pulling and re-pulling and going over the carb with a fine thooth comb i end up putting new one on and problem solved.......dosn,t happen often but it does happen...................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to mention we even removed carb and sprayed manually to try and get to fire still we get nothing. What else could possibly be in between spark plug and the carb hole. The spark plug still doesnt get wet. Im stumped. Like i said before i had someone clean the carb and go through all the jets with some special wire he uses especially for cleaning out carbs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car