lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 05 Gas CC DS Throttle linkage questions

is,

I am not sure what rpm the rev limit is supposed to kick in but the motor is spinning at a good clip. I have been dealing with small and large engine for quite some time and do have a pretty good ear for that kind of thing. I will try disconnecting the limiter but still think I may have a clutch problem. It is tough to tell with just me trying to drive and look behind me but it appears the belt is only dropping in the driven clutch about 1 1/2in. My EZ is at the lake or I would compare the two but I think it drops in farther..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
is,

I am not sure what rpm the rev limit is supposed to kick in but the motor is spinning at a good clip. I have been dealing with small and large engine for quite some time and do have a pretty good ear for that kind of thing. I will try disconnecting the limiter but still think I may have a clutch problem. It is tough to tell with just me trying to drive and look behind me but it appears the belt is only dropping in the driven clutch about 1 1/2in. My EZ is at the lake or I would compare the two but I think it drops in farther..
A clutch problem will manifest itself before the limiter kicks in to spoil your fun. In an ideal set up, the motor will get to around 2200 rpm (12 /17 mph) before the limiter hits. This is the "Idiot golf course limit" set by CC, Yamaha etc. These people have no concept of fun and consider longevity a priority. That's fine when you have no control over your cart but us average folks are far more civilised and sensible. The operating parameters are far greater than the manufacturer or lease holder would have you believe provided you are circumspect. Be sensible and go fast when required, be stupid and go fast until it blows up.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I couldn't have said it any better. I would have thought the limiter would have a higher limit but ok I don't know any better.

Another question. If the belt is removed and motor spun up, should the drive clutch cones touch ? Mine stay roughly an inch and a half apart at the smallest part of the cones... Forgive me, Still learning the cc side. My others are EZ-Gos
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I couldn't have said it any better. I would have thought the limiter would have a higher limit but ok I don't know any better.

Another question. If the belt is removed and motor spun up, should the drive clutch cones touch ? Mine stay roughly an inch and a half apart at the smallest part of the cones... Forgive me, Still learning the cc side. My others are EZ-Gos
With the belt removed you can squeeze the driven clutch halves together, I just checked one down on the bench and the sheaves come together under moderate hand pressure. So yes in answer to the highlighted paragraph.

Chris.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
With the belt removed you can squeeze the driven clutch halves together, I just checked one down on the bench and the sheaves come together under moderate hand pressure. So yes in answer to the highlighted paragraph.

Chris.
Did you mean Drive clutch ?

And if they don't, what next ?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #16
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Did you mean Drive clutch ?

And if they don't, what next ?
Sorry kg, I meant the drive clutch. The sheaves come together at the lower edges under hand pressure. You must have something sticking or damaged internally, perhaps the pucks ?

Chris.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Sorry kg, I meant the drive clutch. The sheaves come together at the lower edges under hand pressure. You must have something sticking or damaged internally, perhaps the pucks ?

Chris.
Don't have access to check it tonight but hope to tomorrow. I guess if they are not coming all the way together that could be why my top end sux huh....

Will post back with results.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well, I grabbed the sheaves and shoved and was able to push them together so the travel is there. Started the cart with no belt spun it up and the two touched. The other night they did not so.. don't know.. Need to put belt on and run it again, maybe something was sticking as it had been sitting for two years. BUT can't do it now due to helping daughter with homework. Would like to figure this out but she comes first. She gets out early tomorrow so maybe another run unless she wants to go play golf. But hey, I can drive it there to test... Sounds like a plan.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well put the belt on and down the road I went. Blistering 14mph. I know I can make it go faster by taking the limiter off but I am not the only one that would drive it so probably a bad idea. Bigger wheels and tires would help but that means a lift. The only thing else I did was use a Gates 6013 belt which I was told was ok but it may be a little shorter. Numbers on the pack are 29/32 X 36-3/4 but I think those are internal measurements.

Now have to determine what to do.... keep it or cut it loose.. It is a fourth cart but I can actually play golf with this one just takes longer to get to the course
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car