lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Dale M
Getting Wild

Default Shocks.

Looking for a better shock for the rear of my '87 DS. The lift kit came with extensions for the shocks, not bad but it limits the amount of travel. Over bumps this weekend we bottomed and topped out. Thinking along the lines of a coil over since I'm looking to add a rear seat next summer. Some measurements I took of the shock with the extensions were 12.5" bottomed out, 15.75" fully open, center of bolt hole to mounting plane of stud. It has the stud mount top and a single bolt hole on the bottom. I looked on sponsor sites but didn't see anything for this application.
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Shocks.

have you tried to go to a auto store and asked them for a application bookk on shocks to compair? monroe has a great tech line you can call and get help like this to. my local crapa store gave me all the info i needed for a set i was looking for. just do not tell them its for a golf cart. they will tell you they dont make golf cart shocks.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Dale M
Getting Wild

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Dale M
Getting Wild

Started searching for shocks for my cart. Found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONROE-58428...a2733c&vxp=mtr

Only coil over I found that is similar to the Monroe 32126 others have used on there older CC DS models.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Dale M
Getting Wild

Quick FYI: I asked the ebay seller about these to find out if they were priced per piece or for the pair. Have not heard back from him. Most shocks sold there stipulate when they are per pair so I'm guessing the price is a piece. In which case I'd do better going with the heavy duty springs and the cheaper Monroe 32126 shocks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car