lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
RUSTYCART1992
Not Yet Wild

Default Fe 290 smoking blue

Hi guys. Im a new guy, my 94 club car is smoking blue. Being a heavy equipment mechanic for the last 20 years, and I work on snow machine engines for a hobby (Just a little background) I tore this engine down, the valves look good, the rings look good,valves look good and the valve seals look good. The only thing Im seeing is a polished cylender wall. Would this cause a heavy steady plum of blue smoke ? thanks...
RUSTYCART1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Fe 290 smoking blue

blue would indicate oil right? some kind of blow by........ piston and rings maybe?.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
RUSTYCART1992
Not Yet Wild

there good...
Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
stinger5
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
blue would indicate oil right? some kind of blow by........ piston and rings maybe?.................................

Simple test; compression = what? Add a squirt of oil down the the spark plug hole and compression = what ? Big jump ? = rings. No jump equates to a valve issue. Simple.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
RUSTYCART1992
Not Yet Wild

Compression was 145psi ,low I know but not exsplainning amount of smoke (really bad @ constant) adding oil to the test didn't change results much. Checked valve settings,and all head compponants.the only thing I found odd, when I removed the head and stroked the piston (turned output shaft) it seemed like the oil was being sucked up the around the piston.Note I just bought this cart to replace my 1989 witch bye the way is tough as nails
Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
stinger5
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYCART1992 View Post
Compression was 145psi ,low I know but not exsplainning amount of smoke (really bad @ constant) adding oil to the test didn't change results much. Checked valve settings,and all head compponants.the only thing I found odd, when I removed the head and stroked the piston (turned output shaft) it seemed like the oil was being sucked up the around the piston.Note I just bought this cart to replace my 1989 witch bye the way is tough as nails
Check out this thread Rusty http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...r-smoking.html
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Possibly it was overfull with oil?
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car