lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default FE350 valve problem, loose rocker arm. Help

I'm working on a 07' FE 350, cranks up and runs fine but has a pretty good taping noise, pulled the valve cover off and and the intake rocker arm is really loose, and i mean you can move it up and down probably 1/8", removed both rocker arms and push rods and both of them are the same length and are straight. What is next? lifter or camshaft? I have never seen this problem before and don't really know where to go from here. Need to get this fixed pretty quick so I can finish building this cart. Thanks
squeek2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: FE350 valve problem, loose rocker arm. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek2oo1 View Post
I'm working on a 07' FE 350, cranks up and runs fine but has a pretty good taping noise, pulled the valve cover off and and the intake rocker arm is really loose, and i mean you can move it up and down probably 1/8", removed both rocker arms and push rods and both of them are the same length and are straight. What is next? lifter or camshaft? I have never seen this problem before and don't really know where to go from here. Need to get this fixed pretty quick so I can finish building this cart. Thanks

The FE350 has hydraulic lifters Squeek, it sounds like one of them has gone dry for some reason. You can try immersing it in engine oil, compressing it and see if it will reactivate but if it wont, you will have to replace it. Short of that, the only other thing I can think of would be the camshaft lobe having been grossly worn down.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I'm leaning toward the oil thing mor than the cam lobe, it wasn't doing it when I first got it and it just started while running it on jack stands
Old 11-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did this just start after an oil change? If so, it is from the varnish build up on the lifter piston starting to come off, causing the lifter to stick. When the engine has shut off some of the valves are open and with time the lifter will collapse and will stick in that position. I've had this happen before with auto engines and sorry to say the only cure I know of is to remove the lifters and disassemble and clean them with acetone or similar solvent. If you didn't just change the oil recently, you may just have a bad lifter.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the info, the oil got changed and used some sea foam in it also, it unstuck and is back to normal...
Old 11-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek2oo1 View Post
Thanks for the info, the oil got changed and used some sea foam in it also, it unstuck and is back to normal...
That's great news! Yeah, Seafoam is good stuff! I used their fuel treatment and it does wonders!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car