lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
schley_cat_65
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Help.... 93 Marathon, wont do anything

Just installed the lift kit and went to back it out of the shop when i noticed it hesitated a little when i accelerated. I looked over the cart and saw nothing wrong, i got it out of the shop under its own power and drove it for a few minutes, when all of a sudden it shut off and will not do anything, it makes the solenoid click, but that is all, this is in both forward and reverse..... i am sick to my stomach about this, what can possibly be the problem??

I checked all of the posts and i am getting 36 volts everywhere i am supposed to be, just no wheel action, man i hope this is an easy fix... HELP
schley_cat_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help.... 93 Marathon, wont do anything

Check over your Forward and Reverse switch, Both Sides. Might have gone Bad.
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
schley_cat_65
Not Yet Wild

at the same time?

I am not getting anything there either
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
rib33024

This cart does have a controller right?? how big of a lift did you put on it?? yuo may have a wire/cable that pulled loose from the motor torquing and twisting the motor and the rear axle, pulling on the wires
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
schley_cat_65
Not Yet Wild

yes it has a 6" lift... it was torqing up and jumping when it would accellerate before it just stopped, i will check that first thing in the AM... could it be possible that the connections came loose from the inside of the motor??? and the controller looks like an amp a long rectangle case with 4 large bolts on the top where wires run to the motor and the f/r switch, is there a way to bypass the f/r switch to check and see if that may be my prob?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You can trouble shoot the F/R switch with a voltmeter without having to jump anything.

Here is a drawing of the High Current circuit.

Follow the cable attached to B- terminal on controller back the the battery terminal it is connected to and attach the negative test lead of your DVM to it.

Attach the Positive DVM test lead to M- on controller.

Push the throttle until the solenoid clicks. You should read B+ (Battery Pack Voltage)

If not, move Positive test lead to A2 terminal on motor and press throttle until solenoid clicks.
If you get B+, the F/r switch or the cables are bad.

If you do not get B+, move Positive test lead to A1 Terminal on motor and pus throttle again
If you get B+, motor is bad (Brushes?)
If not, move Positive test lead to Controller side of solenoid and push throttle.
If you don't get B+, keep working back towards the B+ terminal on the battery pack until you do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hi Current Circuit - Series Motor - EDITED.JPG (63.6 KB, 7 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
schley_cat_65
Not Yet Wild

thanks johnnieb it is the fr switch those things are expensive, i wonder if a switch for a boat that selects which battery to use would work one like this one

you may have to right click and open in a new window... on the image
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO