lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default FE350 runs better w/partial choke?

I just bought an 02 Carryall2 w/ the FE350 showing 4200 hours. Everything works fine other than the engine which runs rough even when warmed up to normal temp. If I apply approx 1/4 choke it smooths out and runs great. I removed and disassembled the carb and cleaned it but the issue remains. Seems to me to be a carb problem? Any ideas to remedy the situation?
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: FE350 runs better w/partial choke?

did you try and rebuild the carb? the needle may be shot.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

how about filters? fuel...air..........if your needing choke its starving for gas so thats what you need to start with...........you mentioned you cleaned the carb......did you take every jet out and run a wire thur every hole you could find? same with every other opening in carb.....use a compressor to blow thur everything? thats what you have to do so if you didn,t i would do it over again..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Make sure the air box is sealed correctly as well. I had one that acted up like you described and the air box cover was not seated correctly after a filter change.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
how about filters? fuel...air..........if your needing choke its starving for gas so thats what you need to start with...........you mentioned you cleaned the carb......did you take every jet out and run a wire thur every hole you could find? same with every other opening in carb.....use a compressor to blow thur everything? thats what you have to do so if you didn,t i would do it over again..............................
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I replaced the air and fuel filters as well as the spark plug and tried to clean all the small openings in the carb with cleaner, wire, and air. Im thinking that maybe the carb needs a complete rebuild? The air box appears to be properly sealed. I didnt find but 1 adjustment on the carb and I turned it from one end to the other. It only could be moved 180 degrees due to a plastic restriction on the screw. Is there perhaps a jetting solution?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Check the throttle butterfly for slop at the pivots, it's not unusual for butterflies to break off due to wear at this point and any slop will be allowing extra air to be drawn in.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there is also 1 thing i find with them but not often.....no amount of doing anything to carb will help it you just need throw it away and put a new one on.....i hate saying that and like i said not real common but i have been on that road.........i consider myself pretty good with the carbs i have brought a lot back to life that i was told there was no hope and at 1st i refused to beleive there wasn,t a carb i couldn,t bring back from the dead.......every year i run into one that i end up shooting and mounting and putting on the wall to look at and remember......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
there is also 1 thing i find with them but not often.....no amount of doing anything to carb will help it you just need throw it away and put a new one on.....i hate saying that and like i said not real common but i have been on that road.........i consider myself pretty good with the carbs i have brought a lot back to life that i was told there was no hope and at 1st i refused to beleive there wasn,t a carb i couldn,t bring back from the dead.......every year i run into one that i end up shooting and mounting and putting on the wall to look at and remember......................................

I have to agree shadow. I too have see them it's the gas we get i tell you!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just completed another removal and cleaning of the carb....and its still running crappy w/o the choke. Im going to get a new carb...is a clone carb OK or should I spend the extra $40 for a factory carb?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car