lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #21
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just got a EZGO and want to know what I got

Well the good news is that you have a 2PG engine and any part for you cart will be listed as 80 -88. As to the exact year, is there a plate on the passenger side near the center? It should read X1287 where the last two digits are the year (in this example 87). Also you might find a tag still on the engine which denotes the year. There were two oddball years in the 80's. 1983 EZGO made a series of "improvements" that were not so in 84 they reverted back to the 82 design. In 1988 as a precursor to the 3PG engine (introduced midway through 1989) they developed the high output engine which had a larger carburetor and small modifications to the exhaust system.
The bottom line is that if you need a part just order for a 2PG ( 80 - 88 ) and you will be good.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 04-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: .
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #22
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi you can look at Bennet golf cars web site and find the parts manual that matches your car. It should be in the parts section as they ask you to check the proper number before ordering parts. Mine is an 85 and the gas tank is under the seat. I love the body on your cart it looks outstanding.

Jim
royaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
carguy32553
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi, Dave! Thank you very much for your info. As I was taking this rig apart, I found (under a bunch of mud) the serial number... 80L4 215747. Does this help you get more knowledge of my cart? The number is preceded by EZGO-Textron, Polaris EZGO Division of Textron, Inc., Augusta, Georgia. Thanks, again for your help. Oh, by the way, the body is by The Little Car Company in Holiday, Florida. I gotta a feeling they may be out of business. Maybe not.
carguy32553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #24
racin161
Gone Wild

I would say most likely 1980 by the first 2 numbers.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #25
carguy32553
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! I checked the Bennet website and they had manuals for gas carts from 86 to 87. They had nothing prior to that. I wonder if there were many change in the eighties. I would sure like to get my hands on the exact manual pertaining to my rig.
carguy32553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi I put a link here to the carts manual's. they start at 1980 and go up. I hope I don't get in trouble for putting the link here?.

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/ezgo_manuals.php

I guess you just copy and paste it into your web browser.

Failing that, Bennet golf carts, manuals, ezgo and all the way over on the left of the page

Jim
royaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #27
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldude View Post
Hi I put a link here to the carts manual's. they start at 1980 and go up. I hope I don't get in trouble for putting the link here?.

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/ezgo_manuals.php

I guess you just copy and paste it into your web browser.

Failing that, Bennet golf carts, manuals, ezgo and all the way over on the left of the page

Jim
Hey RUREDY, Can we get this moved to the tech guy section or a "Sticky" I think it might help others looking for manuals
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #28
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
Hey RUREDY, Can we get this moved to the tech guy section or a "Sticky" I think it might help others looking for manuals

DBC the link is already in the gas ezgo tech section, it's been there Since 2007

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #29
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

I have an '84, and my tank is under the seat, so I say it is pre '84.
BowHunterFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO