lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Electric won't charge

I assumed as long as it was larger than the one that is supposed to be there it would be fine unless something else is causing the problem...like the OBC. I have yet to get a clear idea of how to diagnose the problem without just changing parts out until I get to the solution. Any ideas?
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

That's the way I figured it too. Now anyone know how to diagnose what part I need to change out without just buying them until I get to the solution?
Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a problem??? Yeah, I know about that. Now any ideas on how to diagnose without just changing out parts?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykuhn View Post
There is a problem??? Yeah, I know about that. Now any ideas on how to diagnose without just changing out parts?
I have sent you a private message
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
I fitted a 1/2 amp off the shelf fuse to mine (the original broke)and it works fine. A fuse is a fuse is a fuse. If your fuses are blowing then there is a problem that needs to be resolved.
a fuse is a fuse except you can,t just buy that particular fuse at a whole lot of places......make sure the 1/2 dosn,t end up biting you in the pocket...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykuhn View Post
Repeated failure of the sense lead fuse is a symptom that the chargers voltage supressor has failed in the closed position.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Repeated failure of the sense lead fuse is a symptom that the chargers voltage supressor has failed in the closed position.
Had a look at www.golfcartpartsdirect.com and it appears that the Powerdrive 2 charger does not have a voltage supressor, or its built in to another component,so the aforementioned info is probably only applicable to powerdrive 1 chargers. Anyone else got more info
Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no i say get the fuse issue worked out 1st and go from there......i would get the exact fuse it calls for and put it in....that may be all of it but if not it would be the OBC......................................those sense leads do rot sometimes inside the receptical thats why 96 97 and 98 when you buy a new OBC they also gave you a new sense lead ( grey wire ) to install......but never seen it happen on a 2001..............bottom line is unless he wants to eliminate OBC and buy a stand alone charger theres no way to do any bypasses to get charger to work until the fuse issue is solved...............again that might be the only problem..........................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #19
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

test rectifier . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Had a look at www.golfcartpartsdirect.com and it appears that the Powerdrive 2 charger does not have a voltage supressor, or its built in to another component,so the aforementioned info is probably only applicable to powerdrive 1 chargers. Anyone else got more info
OK I have now confused myself and the rest of the world. The Powerdrive 2 Charger DOES have a voltage suppressor, although it does not appear on the web site quoted as a part. The test is as follows Disconnect both the AC lead from the wall outlet and the DC lead from the vehicle recepticle. Using a multimeter set to the diode test function place the black probe on the sense lead pin (short pin) of the DC plug and the red probe on the (+) positive lead of the DC plug. The multimeter should indicate NO TONE. If a tone is emitted then the voltage suppressor has failed and should be replaced.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car