lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
cww1045
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy either on or off

I have a 97 DS. The problem is when you accelerate, there's no easing into a smooth takeoff. When it goes, it goes. This thing is going to give someone whiplash. I have a new starter generator on order because the old one was not the correct one and it burned up. Not sure if it will help. I'm wondering if it's a clutch issue. Anyone out there know?
cww1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: either on or off

Has it always been like that since you got it? I've seen way to many people that zip tie the governor wide open. It hold the throttle open at all times and counts on the ignition to kill it or let it run. Might be worth taking a look at.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
cww1045
Not Yet Wild

Yes but I've only owned it for a few months. Too deep into it now to stop. I'll check to see if there are any zip ties or cables out of adjustment. I appreciate your answer. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It will be a cable out of adjustment. It will take two or three times of adjusting to get it just right.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
cww1045
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Doc's BoneCracker. I was looking at that yesterday. I think some of the cables are out of adjustment. Haven't seen any zip ties on anything yet so that's a good sign. I picked up a new govenor cable today after work. I'll be putting it on in the near future and tweaking on the adjustments as soon as my new starter generator comes in. Hopefully, I'll have everything by this weekend.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Chances are, it's the cable adjustment in the little black box under the drivers seat. Take the top off and bring the threaded fitting back into the box until you get the right amount of pedal.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

There is something else to look for!

Whenever I've heard of a Club Car that goes from "stop" to "full bore", the answer always seemed to be a broken carb butterfly!

It's kinda funny really... I've heard of it, but never really seen it! (until a month ago!)
A buddy at the campground asked me why his 94 DS was doing that... the first thing I said was, "your butterfly is broken!"
I ordered him a new carb from CPP, and went to work. (with camera in hand)

And sure enough... look what I found: (However, I didn't find the broken piece!)

New and old carbs:

There aren't "replacement" butterflies, unless you have a spare carb laying around, your best bet is to replace the whole carb!

Hope this helps!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
There is something else to look for!

Whenever I've heard of a Club Car that goes from "stop" to "full bore", the answer always seemed to be a broken carb butterfly!

It's kinda funny really... I've heard of it, but never really seen it! (until a month ago!)
A buddy at the campground asked me why his 94 DS was doing that... the first thing I said was, "your butterfly is broken!"
I ordered him a new carb from CPP, and went to work. (with camera in hand)

And sure enough... look what I found: (However, I didn't find the broken piece!)

New and old carbs:

There aren't "replacement" butterflies, unless you have a spare carb laying around, your best bet is to replace the whole carb!

Hope this helps!
Good call Lockman I forgot about the butterfly and it's easy to look and see if it is missing. Also Essness is on the right track as well. So check the butterfly while your waiting on S/G and it might save some down time.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car