lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
n2extreme
Not Yet Wild

Default Need a little help please

Well other than knowing where the gas goes and how to change to oil Im pretty much in the dark so bear with me. I have a 89 I believe gas Carryall Club car. It was running fine until today. I tried to start it and it just chugged a bit and wouldnt turn over. I figured the battery was weak so I charged it and had the same issue. The last time I ran it was about 2 weeks ago with no issues. I recently had the engine replaced with a new one. The fuel was pretty old. I would say around February. It did have stabalizer in it but I emptied it and replaced it with fresh fuel. This still have me the chugging. It appeared as though my throttle cable was smoking after I changed the gas. Im am guessing I spilled some on it. I am pretty much at a loss on this. Any ideas?
n2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Need a little help please

If the cable was smoking after you cranked it over you may have a bad ground connection.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
n2extreme
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tip on the ground. I undid a bolt to check something. When I went to put it back I noticed a cable coming off the motor that wasn't attached to anything. I assumed that was the ground and put it on the bolt.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Annnnd ........?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
n2extreme
Not Yet Wild

That's what I'm guessing caused the smoke. I didn't properly ground the wire after I removed the bolt. I'll try cleaning the area in the morning. Still doesn't solve my initial problem though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Annnnd ........?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
n2extreme
Not Yet Wild

If I push in on the choke it has no affect. It just continues to chuck as if I didn't even loan it. I took the choke tube off and placed my hand over the hole and still nothing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car