lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
roughtruck
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 medalist. cart shudders and jumps

M- to b+ full throttle I only have 15v. And on my speed controller white wire 1.5v full throttle
roughtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
roughtruck
Not Yet Wild

Also on another note how can I tell what my lift kit is. I was told it had a 6 inch axle lift but it sit about 2 inches lower than my dads 2012 txt witch I put the 6 inch spindle lift on myself. On mine if I measurefrom bottom of axle to bottom of the spindle its 4 inches. So makes me believe I have a 4 inch lift
Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
roughtruck
Not Yet Wild

Also black wire at thottle I have 15v when you push gas down. With back wire unhooked from throttle
Old 02-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughtruck View Post
Sorry been awhile since I have had time to work on cart. Since last time I have ohmed all cables and they are all good but replaced them anyway. Rechecked the f/r switch. When I ohm the motor (cables unhooked and motor out of cart) s1 to s2 I get 00.1 ohms a1 to a2 I get 00.1 ohms. Also both a1 to motor body 05.0 ohms and a2 to body 05.0 ohms
A1 or A2 to motor case should be 1,000,000 Ohms or more. Sounds like you've got a lot of carbon dust build up, or wires touching touching case.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
roughtruck
Not Yet Wild

Those readings were with motor out of cart sitting on my bench. It was laying on its side so wires were probably touch case. Im thinking its a problem with the speed controller im not getting full voltage out of it
Old 02-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughtruck View Post
Those readings were with motor out of cart sitting on my bench. It was laying on its side so wires were probably touch case. Im thinking its a problem with the speed controller im not getting full voltage out of it
The batteries, speed controller, F/R switch and Motor are connected in series. Attached is a simplified drawing high current circuit of a series drive.

If the battery has 38V the voltage across the B- and M- terminals on the controller should be 38V when the solenoid first clicks.

If it isn't, you have an open or excessive resistance in the high current circuit external to the controller.

If it is, the voltage between B- and M- should drop to nearly zero when the pedal is pushed to the floor.

If it doesn't, either the throttle input to the controller is bad, or the controller is bad.

However, if the voltage is roughly 1/2 of the battery pack voltage, the 1/2 speed reverse may be activated. (Voltage on Pin-3 activates 1/2 speed reverse.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hi Current Circuit - Series Motor -simplified.JPG (50.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO