lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #21
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: First cart

Don't get burned feeling around for hot connections. Put a few drops of water on each big terminal on the solenoid and see which side produces steam.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #22
rsuddeth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you. I will check it this weekend. Could it be a bad solenoid?
rsuddeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Is the whole cable hot or just one or both terminals? Probably have a bad lug or two. The amperage is the same through all of the cables, so they should all be the same temp.

If you have a bad lug, in the short term, you could put a new lug on the existing cable, assuming the copper strands aren't too corroded. That's what I did on several of mine while waiting to upgrade.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #24
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It could be. After you run it a little while see which gets warm, the battery connection or the solenoid end. The solenoid might have a contact or wire crimp bad on the battery side. Your recently charged batteries just made the fault get hotter. If you have access to a hand held temperature measuring device you can use it to locate hot connections. A slight bad connection can get red hot on the high current flow through it. Don't get burned.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddeth View Post
JohnnieB: Here are pics of the charger. What do you think?
You've got some cable/connection issues and your Powerise charger may not be fully charging you new US2200 batteries.

Be careful tightening the nuts on the battery studs. 10 ft/lb is max torque on them.
The studs are actually hex-head bolt embedded in the lead post, and too much twisting force will distort the lead, which will cause a hot spot and may melt the battery post.

----------
What is the At-Rest voltage of the battery pack and the individual batteries?
At-Rest voltage is measure 12 hours after the batteries have been charged.
I posted a chart earlier tell what they should be.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #26
rsuddeth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

JohnnieB, I got 6.4 volts individually and 38 volts together, so looking good there. The wire wer hot at the terminal on both positive and negative side, so I replaced the terminal ends. Huge difference even though the wires have corrosion all the way through the wire. Guess a full blown 2 guage wire set up is in the future.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddeth View Post
JohnnieB, I got 6.4 volts individually and 38 volts together, so looking good there. The wire wer hot at the terminal on both positive and negative side, so I replaced the terminal ends. Huge difference even though the wires have corrosion all the way through the wire. Guess a full blown 2 guage wire set up is in the future.
Be sure to replace all 13 high current cables.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #28
rsuddeth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay, back at it. I will order enough welding cable to all 13 cables this week. Next, I want tot sort out then front end. It is very sloppy. What do I replace? Tie rod ends, bearings , etc. ????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO