lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #1
longrod
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 identifaction help needed

Hello all,

I am about to puchase a cart and I need you help for identification.

Im trying to figure out if it is a DCS or PDS.

It is a 2001 TXT.

From the sticky above, I believe that it would be a Sepex (regen) and the version PDS.

But I want to confirm because the statement "The guide is correct on all but a few carts made in 2000-2001 that the F&R looks like a DCS sytem, but the controllers is a 10 pin PDS." has me confused.

It has the F&R as a toggle switch on the dash and also has the run/tow under the seat.

From my understanding, the PDS model is the prefered model so you can add a "freedom chip" to get it a little faster.

Is this all correct?

Also, how do I tell if it is a 2001.5 (the lift kits are diffrent before/after that)?

Thanks for your time in advance.
longrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 identifaction help needed

Hi, and welcome to bgw, the cart you're looking for is a pds. If you want to be sure take your serial number and go to shopezgo.com then, enter your serial number and you will know all the information about your cart.
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Look at the base of your steering wheel, does it have 3 bolts or 4? If 3 then 2001.5 and earlier, if 4 2001.5 and after.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Longrod, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome ;0)
With the toggle on dash its PDS.
I have built quite a few PDS carts and find once you lift them with 22" or larger tires the freedom chip doesn't have the torque it needs.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
longrod
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you all for the help. I plan to go look at it tomorrow. I'll be sure and take my multimeter with me to check the "new batteries" it is suppose to have.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #7
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How much the seller want for it....
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Look on the negative battery post and record the letter number on them. Trojans will have this it will identify how old the batteries are.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
longrod
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry,

I never came back and updated this thread.

That cart sold before I even had a chance to check it out.

So I did a lot of reading on this forum and kept shopping around.

After reading, I decided I wanted a Series cart anyways (I don’t need speed and would rather have the torque).

So I finally found the cart I wanted.

I picked up a 2003 TXT Freedom SE (series 36V).

I’m excited to join your cart world.

I’ll do some upgrades, but I will have to sneak them in here and there since my wife and I are saving to get a new house built (I can’t have all these shinny new parts arriving every week without a whole lot of questions being asked).

I plan to buy scottyb's parts.

I’ll start with the digital battery meter.
Then get the DC Reducer (to hook up a radio and phone charger).

That will probably be it for a bit.

Later all add the Reversing Contactors, 2G wire set, SPM48500 (pkg #485) and the Hi Performance Brakes.

Ill also at some point add a lift and taller tires, but that probably won’t happen for a few years.

Thanks for all the great information sharing here. It sure helped me make an informative decision on my purchase.

I do have one more question I couldn’t find search this forum. I’m not sure if I should open a new thread or not? But I’ll ask here to see if I get a response.

I will be installing the DC Reducer in order to install a radio (I like that idea better than charging a separate battery). My question is about the memory wire. I understand that the DC Reducer gets shutoff with the key switch. Does anyone know how much draw the radio memory would pull? Since the ground on a cart is your main battery pack negative, I was wondering if I could back up two batteries and hook just my memory wire there at 12V vs. tying it to the main positive red wire which gets shutoff on the DC Reducer? That way I keep memory. If that’s not a wise decision, I won’t do it, but logically it would make sense to me and doesn’t seem like it will drain much (and cause the battery pack too much imbalance).

Thanks again for all your help.
Rodney
Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

longrod, YES you can run your memory like you described, it doesn't draw anything to speak of, and you couldn't tell the difference.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO